• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Initial Docker Install Issues

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
unsure, Docker based so whatever is in the docker image
Web browser
Safari and Chrome

johnkratochvil

Chevereto Member
Hello- I'm trying to set up a brand new Chevereto install on a fresh Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS system. I have a v4 license, so I'm using the Pure Docker and Build instructions.

Everything goes fine until I get to this step: "make proxy EMAIL_HTTPS=mail@yourdomain.tld" (I'm substituting a valid email for mail@yourdomain.tld), after which it throws a "docker: Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type "bind": bind source path does not exist: /nginx/chevereto.conf.
See 'docker run --help'.
make: *** [Makefile:216: proxy] Error 125" error. Obviously, I want the certification to work, so what am I doing wrong? I've tried a couple times to get this to work and I can't find any other references to this error.

well you got the answer right there, "bind": bind source path does not exist: /nginx/chevereto.conf. it is saying that path /nginx/chevereto.conf does not exists, so make sure that is right path.

Hi Everyone, I just hit this error, can someone please help with an actual solution.

I think this error might be to do with a non-root install using sudo. UPDATE: works fine when installing as root, the only problem I had is a lot of VPS providers restrict root remote logins and so I was using the provider console which didn't allow paste, so I had to try a couple of times to type in the license in correctly.

Last edited:
Yes, some providers really cripple Docker. I've noticed that they often jam the network and several others no-no. Sometimes is not that they restrict you, is just that the Docker engine comes configured "as-is".

Back