• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Inaccurate image view count

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
Over the years I have noticed that the view count in Chevereto is always a bit higher than one reported by Google Analytics. Since Google Analytics verify the user and device it would exclude all those bot views.

However, recently I came across a few images with very high image count (4K+) but just 1 view as reported by Google Analytics. So just wondering how Chevereto count image views?

When CHV\Image::getSingle is called, you have to pass a boolean to indicate if this fetch count towards views or not. It counts before displaying the webpage. This count doesn't check bots, IPs or anything, it prints how many times the image has been fetched and it only detects if the image has been seen by the current browsing session.

Thanks. I think the image I had in question was embed in a newsletter and was never viewed on the site.

Hope v4 will have a more accurate view counter.

I don't care much on the views (want to get rid of it) and my site even has full page caching for Guest for 30 minutes.
So I only got a maximum views of 48 per day.

Can we disable views count?

Back