• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Images disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViscousSummer88

Chevereto Member
Hello, I have had this issue twice now, where images will stop showing and/working.
I have a script to show recent uploads and image count and sometimes it goes to 0 and non on the images work an anymore. This only happens once every few weeks for no reason I can see.
They also stop showing in the admin panel.

Note: All images still show in the /images folder.
Example: http://imghive.net/images/4SZoOPjD.th.png

I can't give anymore details, as this is all I have. Please help, because this is very annoying.

Last edited:
Does this happens with an unmodified version of the script?

I have not tried with an I modified version.
I could test that, but that would probably mean waiting 3weeks or more for it to happen, as that's how long it has been for it to happen.

The only noticeable thing I could see was in the SQL database, where ''storage_id'' was ''2'' and where ''storage_id'' was ''null'' on a default script install. Could this affect anything?
Other than that, there is nothing I could think that would change anything.

Yes, it affects that. When the script miss the target storage it automatic delete the "missing" images.

Storage tells the system where yo upload the files.
  • NULL -> Datefolders
  • 1 -> Direct legacy folder for v1.X images (/images/old)
  • 2 -> Direct (/images)
So, thing is that if you had the images in NULL storage (datefolders) and then you changed the DB rows to use other storage the system can't find the files and then delete the wrong DB row.

Key point here is that you shouln't move the images / change storage for files already existing unless you know what you are doing. I don't know if the customization issue those changes or something else did, key point here is that once Chevereto notice that something is missing it deletes the wrong record.

Well i was using direct. The first time it happened I did a clean database and install, using the direct system again. But they all get deleted again, thus me making this thread.
I have now changed it all back default settings for image saving. Not sure if this will even fix anything.

Note: I did not change the image save locations at anytime while any images were saved in a different file location. I don't know why they would just randomly delete themselfs for no reason.

Okay.
So here is what I have just done.
-----
Downloaded a fresh script
Configed the script
Created new database and database user
Uploaded new script
Uploaded images

Now, as this is brand new everything, I will be able to test 100% and see if it break again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back