• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image types

romulus

Chevereto Member
Pro
Hello,

I can't find where Chevereto stores information about allowed image types. It's pretty bad that there is only few image types allowed...

Also, why I can't choose PHP library for image processing: ImageMagick?

ImageMagick library offers much more functionality than the GD. GD only supports JPG, PNG, GIF, WBMP, WebP, XBM and XPM files, which is not much comparing to over a hundred file types handled by the ImageMagick library.

You may think that you will probably never use all of these uncommon filetypes supported by ImageMagick but this may not be true. In one of my projects I had to switch from GD to ImageMagick just because the first one doesn't support TIFF files.

I have bought this script and wow, such limitations? Not good, ou boy, not good at all...

1. Allowed imagetypes are in class.upload.php but you can't do that much about it. Since it works with GD you can't add more by just tweaking the filetype array.
2. ImageMagick is not an standard library, therefore you need full support with GD then add ImageMagick for those who can run that library. At Chevereto I noticed that the largest share of servers out there rely in GD and not in ImageMagick, so I build the thing using the most common dependency.
3. There will be support for ImageMagick and more image formats in the future.

When do you plan to support ImageMagick? It's "must have" feature. Take a look at rising competitor and what he supports so far:

https://reservo.co/features/raw-file-support.html

Your software seems to be more mature and a lot faster, but... That competitor can just crush Chevereto with feature list. Eagerly waiting for ImageMagick, I believe in you Rodolfo!

When do you plan to support ImageMagick?

I always wanted to switch to ImageMagick, however the main "but" is that in Chevereto I work adding things that are needed, not that make my sales pitch more convincing. Reservo does supports 200+ image formats and that doesn't matters at all, just look at imgur or maybe 500px and see that they support more formats than Chevereto, but they don't go nuts and support 200 because that is just sales pitch, for example I never heard before of the .STEGANO format.

For me ImageMagick represents slightly better performance, better thumbnails, support for RAW formats and way better watermark handling. That said, I will try to add ImageMagick soon.

ImageMatgick is better, but most servers mot install this standard. 1
And why use big formats? Only if you have a very big server ;)

But if Cheverero support it why not. ;)

This topic aged as ImageMagick is now the recommended image professing library.

This was added to V3.18

Back