• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image sorting - changing order within an album

plume

Chevereto Member
Is there a way to sort the image order within an album? Drag and drop sorting would be amazing.

Sorting is done by criteria and is not manually done. A manual sort criteria could fit nicely for "sets" which is not the same as albums. For me sets are a group of a given images you want to share and showcase, which is not the same as an album. Maybe if sets goes somewhere I could add a drag and drop sorting.

Hi Rodolfo, don't forget List View (only title of images showing) and alphabetical sorting based on the titles.. :)

Ok but read the thing, I'm not thinking in do album sorting I'm thinking in "sets".

Sets would be great Rodolfo, I believe it will serve for the same purpose. Can't wait to see it in action.. More power.. :)

Thanks for your response. Would drag and drop sorting be possible at the upload stage. So you can order the images before they go into an album.

Thanks for your response. Would drag and drop sorting be possible at the upload stage. So you can order the images before they go into an album.
Album sort still doesn't makes sense to me and that's why I thought in the concept of sets.

You are missing the point here: Albums are large collections that helps you to manage all your (take note of the "your" word) content, for instance photos of a trip, maybe a wedding, stuff like that. It works like folders. Usually when you want to share with someone you either want to share the whole album or just a selection of that album and currently the only thing that we have is the full album. Now, albums can be massive holding countless images which makes unpractical a manual sorting. That's why the concept of sets takes place because is a manually selected limited collection of images.

You have to think that for you is better to sort albums by date/views but for the people that will saw it is better to see it in a manual sort. So to make that work a new container must be introduced, at least is the thing that makes sense to me. Actually sets are a good idea to share curated content and the sort thing is just an extra... But I'm still thinking in why or why not sort albums.

Totally get it and a great idea Rodolfo.
Select all the images in an album that you want to share, create and name a set, move or if it's possible 'copy' the images to the set, share.
All the selects remain in the album, you can delete any of the copies and re-edit the set later on without having to move the ones you don't like, back into the album.

You are missing the point here: Albums are large collections that helps you to manage all your (take note of the "your" word) content, for instance photos of a trip, maybe a wedding, stuff like that. It works like folders. Usually when you want to share with someone you either want to share the whole album or just a selection of that album and currently the only thing that we have is the full album. Now, albums can be massive holding countless images which makes unpractical a manual sorting. That's why the concept of sets takes place because is a manually selected limited collection of images.
I use albums for the things you mention. Normally when I want to show photo's from a wedding of holiday, I like to show them in chronological order (from the first photo I made to the last one). But when I edit pictures before uploading, the time of the file changed and it's not chronological anymore in Chevereto. I can't find a way to fix this (or I have to change the date/time from each file before uploading?). Or is Chevereto using the upload date/time?

This is why it will be great to add sorting options. For me it will be great to sort on image_name (database field) because of i use the image names from the camera like IMG_0001, IMG_0002 etc. Hopefully you can add some options where users can choose from when viewing albums.

Back