• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image rotation manually afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hujasmaa

Chevereto Member
I have already noticed another thread which says that Chevereto can automatically rotate picture if needed.

However, it is common problem that the images are laying on their side. Somehow it just happens.

Therefore i suggest manual correction could be very useful feature and i see it should be added in some coming Chevereto version.

Btw, (not related to Chevereto at all) I administer one vBulletin forum. Pictures on their side or even upside down appear sometimes. There ain't any tools to correct that.

We are moving to XenForo soon. This addon will be a really nice game changer. :)

The auto fix orientation only applies if the fix is needed which happens when Chevereto has that info (exif data). It doesn't touch tho imaged if the picture was taken intentionally into any given orientation.

That said, any image editing should be done before the upload process because is way easier and it doesn't waste resources.

An image editor is on the to-do but I think that we won't see it before 4.0.

I have set the EXIF to be stripped off. That's for security reasons. There have been some cases when property have been stolen because the GPS location information.

Does this setting also set off the auto rotation? If it does, could just some certain EXIF fields like GPS location to be stripped?

Nope, if you have EXIF disabled it won't read the exif data at all, even to fix the image orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back