• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Image Optimization, Rebuilding Image Checksum & Size

LEckley

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi Guys,

I am looking to utilize jpegoptim and optipng to optimize images uploaded to my Chevereto website, however before I implement either I would like to have a solution in place to update the database entries for each image (checksum, size, etc.) to ensure all data stored in the DB is correct.

The idea would be to run jpegoptim and optipng on a daily cron and after they complete run another script to update the Chevereto database with the new data.

Any ideas?

You need to create a cron and call it each day to a given PHP file or a simple wget to the target script URL.

You will need to update image_md5 and image_size, you could add an auxiliar table to keep a record of which rows you have already optimized.

You need to create a cron and call it each day to a given PHP file or a simple wget to the target script URL.

You will need to update image_md5 and image_size, you could add an auxiliar table to keep a record of which rows you have already optimized.
Would this be something you would consider adding to Chevereto or should I look to hire someone (maybe even you?) to build the script?

The crons I can do no issue, but the scripting and DB work are outside my abilities as a sysadmin :(

I've plans to add optimizations, my original idea was to dedicate 3.8 for optimizations, however, maybe I will push money making features to 3.8 and optimizations for 3.9... Anyway, I will add several optimizations in the future.

Back