• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image names changed on upload

andysoll

Chevereto Member
Why when I upload an image does the name get changed in the link

EG - my image name is - 184701springairaffinitypillow1.jpg

The uploaded name is - 184701SpringAirAffinityPillow16a0e3.jpg

Where does the extra "6a0e3" come from - it is messing up all the links we have back to the image

Thanks

Andy

Chevereto allows you to select how the images will be named. It can keep the original name, get a complete random name, do a mix of original + random and finally, use the image ID.

All that can be configured at Dashboard > Settings > image upload

I have it set to original but it still is adding characters to the image name. Could this be that the same image was already uploaded? Is there a way to warn or ask if an image was already uploaded?

If the filenaming is set to original and you try to upload a file with the same name of another image already uploaded, the system will use the mixed method for that upload.

Since images can have this collision the system does this to avoid overwriting and it can't be disabled or warned.

Back