• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

I'm afraid 500 thousand pictures are on the deleted list.

kuaza

Chevereto Member
I'm afraid 500 thousand pictures are on the deleted list. Is this normal ? If the pictures are deleted, it will be a huge loss, please reply immediately

Ekran-goruntusu-2020-11-29-145857d720ff70fd794273.jpg

see their deleted dates, started at the same time, and they are all.
all the deleted pictures belong to the visitors.

In a certain number of pictures, the ip addresses are the same, which means that they have been deleted from a few places.

It can be a hacking, this vulnerability can be from the api system I made myself. It's hard to be sure.

1606772274453.png

Is evident that you have plenty customization in your install so how can someone be sure that the problem is on the base software? Also, you are assuming that the delete was unintentional. Did you ask the user? What kind of investigation are you carrying to determine that this was an attack? Can you identify an odd pattern in the IPs? Does it affects other users? What other activities are associated to this IP?

Taking the date from the pictures, which is 2017 and the fact that the deleted content you show has 0 views, perhaps you set to expire images with 0 views? Perhaps the user password was compromised, like password 12345 and the user has accounts everywhere with those credentials? There are many possibilities, but you choose to blame Chevereto first.

What is more intriguing for me is why you care about images that no one saw in 3 years? All this situation is very odd, I don't know that to think about this.

First of all, I did not blame you. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood. I'm just trying to understand what caused it.

By the way, I was valuing it as a picture archive, otherwise it wouldn't make me money. :)

I'm just trying to understand what caused it.

The deletions are going in order by filename and seconds apart so my guess is that you messed up on the import script and set them to auto delete like rodolfo just said.

607, 608, 609, 610.

That or you were hacked. Not sure why that's so unbelievable. :)

There is a high probability of hacking, now we need to understand how they did it.

only visitor pictures were deleted, so they gained authority over visitor pictures.

I will not think much for now, I will solve it over time.

I keep reading "THIS WAS HACKING" and everybody here is still waiting for any evidence. I won't say either hack or not hack, I say prove your words, stop spreading panic.

I keep reading "THIS WAS HACKING" and everybody here is still waiting for any evidence. I won't say either hack or not hack, I say prove your words, stop spreading panic.
why are you panic? I didn't say I was hacked because of this script. There are many different methods for hacking.

This is my 3rd post I am writing the same thing. I didn't blame your script, I didn't even stress it. In which post did I say the chevereto script was hacked? show me.

There was a hack and I don't know what caused it. I only have theories about how it happened and chevereto aside from these theories.

I think this scirptin is powerful. But if I find a clue I will share it on this issue.

Back