• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

I'm afraid 500 thousand pictures are on the deleted list.

kuaza

Chevereto Member
I'm afraid 500 thousand pictures are on the deleted list. Is this normal ? If the pictures are deleted, it will be a huge loss, please reply immediately

Ekran-goruntusu-2020-11-29-145857d720ff70fd794273.jpg

Is this for the free or paid version?

Edit: Clearly a paid version, duh.

Have you verified you weren't hacked or anything like mentioned in the discord? If so I'd assume (big assumption) that there is an auto increment system for images and you didn't do something right on conversion so it's mass deleting images.

This may or may not be a hacking attack. However, this deletion took place through the script, because we can see the deleted images in the db. Also, the small and large versions of the images have been deleted. It is clear that this happened through this script. However, I don't blame anyone here. I need to research well to get a clear answer. Maybe it was caused by a mistake I made. And I have to understand by what criteria these deleted pictures are deleted.

This may or may not be a hacking attack. However, this deletion took place through the script, because we can see the deleted images in the db. Also, the small and large versions of the images have been deleted. It is clear that this happened through this script. However, I don't blame anyone here. I need to research well to get a clear answer. Maybe it was caused by a mistake I made. And I have to understand by what criteria these deleted pictures are deleted.

That does not mean you weren't hacked.

The only functions that remove images are Image::delete, Image::deleteMultiple and Image::deleteExpired. There's no criteria for automatic image deletion, it must be triggered. It could have been caused by expiration, or because you removed an user account/album with many images.

The possibilities are high, but if I realized that I was attacked.
Prove it, like with an access log.

The only functions that remove images are Image::delete, Image::deleteMultiple and Image::deleteExpired. There's no criteria for automatic image deletion, it must be triggered. It could have been caused by expiration, or because you removed an user account/album with many images.

Prove it, like with an access log.
Does that make sense, maybe it can show why the pictures were deleted:
in chv_queues table queue_type = storage-delete

Does it disappear by age? I did not see this setting. But if there is so it must have been deleted.

You can upload photos either permanently or have chevereto delete them after x days.

You should know this if you coded the script for the import. Since you do not that is likely what happened.

You can upload photos either permanently or have chevereto delete them after x days.

You should know this if you coded the script for the import. Since you do not that is likely what happened.
maybe but I left this column null, so I didn't enter a date: image_expiration_date_gmt

what you said makes sense, but I don't think I made a mistake about it. It is most likely caused by an error that occurred during the update. This script may not originate, if it did we would see it in others. I think I will stop my work in this field for a long time and leave it after a while.

But I will publish a few improvements for this script from my site: https://kuaza.com

Api development, users can add their own sites to upload from those sites. Example (+18): Pictures uploaded from https://piclect.xyz/ are added to the original site and user.

it will be my gift of quitting.

what you said makes sense, but I don't think I made a mistake about it. It is most likely caused by an error that occurred during the update.

I am concerned that you are immediately faulting chevereto for your issues and citing the update as the source of the problem without any kind of proof. That's called fear mongering.

Prove that it was an issue with the update. Far more likely you got hacked.

I am not saying the update is incorrect, I am saying it is an error that occurred during the update. So this may be due to my system or a mistake I made.

The answer is simple. How did 500 thousand pictures get into the deletion list?

I am not saying the update is incorrect, I am saying it is an error that occurred during the update. So this may be due to my system or a mistake I made.

The answer is simple. How did 500 thousand pictures get into the deletion list?

I dunno.

Have you seen one other person report this? Nope!

no, I did not see this means that 70% seems to be a problem from me. I want to find the reason for this too.

I've checked out how deletions are handled in the database.

Regardless on if it's a user-deleted image or automated deletion everything is logged into the chv_deletions table including the IP address that deleted it.

If these tables are empty (and they likely are since you haven't posted that information) then you were hacked and someone cleared their tracks.

I'm also curious on if you created the database/tables correctly when you were setting it up for your import script.

Try to reproduce the process with the old backups and use mysql debugger, otherwise check your access logs and so on, this is hard to believe that this problem has been caused "manually" by the script self..

Back