• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

I am getting G\: Sessions are not working on this server (session_start). error

pcunit

Chevereto Member
Hi

i am getting the following error

G\: Sessions are not working on this server (session_start).

It was working fine till 2 days ago but stopped working since yesterday. I have not updated anything on the server or the imagehost script. Infact my other sites using cehevereto on the same server are working absolutely fine.

That's a runtime error, it is imposible that "nothing" changed on the server. Is just that you aren't aware.

Then how come other cheverto scriot based stes are working fine and only this site is affected?

There is one thing I remember which used to come up while uploading images, I used to get messages like temp folder not found in 1 or 2 images when I uploaded a batch of 20 images.

I am the only one who makes changes to the server.

Last edited:
Then how come other cheverto scriot based stes are working fine and only this site is affected?
I don't provision your server so I can't answer that. I just refer to the facts from the error you are getting, which is only triggered if sessions stopped working on the installation.

Sessions in V3 work on the server layer, not application. How it happened? Like I said, I don't provision your server so please ask to the person responsible for your server, not me.

There is one thing I remember which used to come up while uploading images, I used to get messages like temp folder not found in 1 or 2 images when I uploaded a batch of 20 images.

I am the only one who makes changes to the server.

Note: I set the permissions again on the sessions folders and for the timebeing it has started working. :D

Chances are that you are running out of disk as it is missing the temp folder, but it could be also something on the fs layer like permissions or perhaps I/O blocking.

It happens on "it's own" because the application doesn't control sessions and rely in the server implementation, so for any given reason something changed and caused this issue.

hi

it has happened again. How do i setup a different temp folder so that i can get it working

Back