• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• šŸ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • šŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • šŸ’ø Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

HTTP 403 Forbidden for 3.12 Upgrade from 3.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebturner

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Version 3.00 was running great, but I wanted to get the new version to rule out any bugs.

Trying to upgrade from 3.00 to the latest 3.12. Followed the instructions and uploaded the install.php and the app/install folder

When I go to the link to install, I get this error:
HTTP 403 Forbidden
The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
ā€¢This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
Go back to the previous page.
More information

ANY IDEAS?

3.0.0 -> 3.1.2 is not just upload the "affected files" that you see in the 3.1.2 topic, you must upload all the chained affected files (3.0.0 -> 3.0.1 -> 3.0.2, etc). Best that you can do is update:
  • lib
  • app/app.php
  • app/loader.php
  • app/lib
  • app/vendor
  • app/themes
  • app/routes
  • app/content

Ok, I didn't realize I had to be signed in as the "admin" on the control panel either. I just did that and it allowed me to run the update. However on the screen it stated it just updated me to 3.00 and not 3.12. I'm not entirely sure if it really did update now or not. Ugh.

Update complete
Chevereto has been successfully updated to 3.0.0. You can now continue to the admin dashboard and configure your website.

Important: Make sure to delete the install.php file and app/install folder.

I uploaded the entire program like a new install, then restored the settings file. Looks like it worked. I misunderstood the update I guess, thinking it included all past updates. Otherwise I would have installed each one by one making my way up to the 3.12

Thanks again for your help! Great software!

PS. I noticed it now comes up to the UPLOAD page when you load the site. It used to come up on the EXPLORE page.
http://HostImageForFree.com
How can I change that back?

For now the update process only touches DB and the configurable homepage will come later ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back