• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How to stop responsive layout of chev

ss132203

Chevereto Member
I just got warning from adsense of ads overlap over content because of responsive layout.

How do i disable it by fixing width, i mean where to edit it.

Easy as force the minimum width using CSS.

Code:
html { min-width: 1024px; }

It seems that several hacks will be needed to turn off that. But now that you mention AdSense, won't be the non-mobile friendly penalty worse than the non-responsive ads? You should use responsive banners.

Nope I don't think so, my site gets very rare mobile traffic. All of the traffic and leads are from desktop and from the left and right vertical ads.
See https://www.sparrowpics.com/image/WW2nx

But these are floating ads I used and if you scroll up and down they cover the "content".

<div style="margin:0px; position:fixed;top:10%;left:1%">AdSense Code HERE</div>

for right just switch right, and I am thinking warning could be for these too. but in chev there is no way to add vertical steady banners at left and right sidebars.

That is why I've disabled embed codes and social share so that minimum scrolling be there but still I need non responsive layout. Also if by any how you can tell how to place vertical skyscrapers to left and right sidebars/portions

Or is there anyway I hide the enite content header at the bottom ?
I've tried it several times but there left few opening tags which makes my site go nasty lol

it doesn't matter if you don't get mobile traffic, google will penalize you anyway.

You can always use "phone-hide" or "phablet-hide" classes to sensitive hide content in small screens. The default ads are with responsive in mind, your problem is related to forced banners which are side to side an image so it is a custom implementation and you should just hide them in mobile.

I've switched to responsive top and bottom banners were displaying but the left right banners like old vertical ones they are not appearing. So I had to replave the old back

Well, where and how do i hide those classes, I'm not much of a coder lol.

The main issue I see with respect to adsense is the fixed position ads on both sides of images. Try hiding them or change location of them on small screens. Even on wider screens your ads are overlapping with images... example on explore page.

The main issue I see with respect to adsense is the fixed position ads on both sides of images. Try hiding them or change location of them on small screens. Even on wider screens your ads are overlapping with images... example on explore page.
Use responsive ads...

Use responsive ads...

Lemme tell you how these two vertical ads have changed my $$$ stats. Since the beginning of my host the "Active View Viewable" was only 30-38%. There was no good money coming up even with enormous impressions. Then I saw these ads on 3-4 hosts of other guys. I tried adding them in chev but they were not showing on left and right portions instead above the content (image). Then i checked their source code and found how they did it and it worked like a charm for me. Those two ads alone now have 65-70% view rate. Its not only the view rate my earnings have been doubled!!!
We are two guys and we both noticed the same difference in our $$. But now we both got the same overlapping warnings.

I dunno if I reckon correct I did ask about if there is any way in chev to have vertical banner positions and i think i was told of creating via CSS BUT I'm a noob I dunno how but if someone gives me examples and hints I can go through it. Also that time I didn't know about responsive and now when I chose responsive I saw more increase in my stats. So now the million dollar question can someone please tell me how the heck (lol) I make separate vertical banner positions in chev so that I can add responsive codes and see more changes in my stats.

Back