• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How to recount image storage space used of each storage id in database

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
Hello,

I had to move an external storage (Say A) files to the Other storage container (Say B). I transferred all images from A to B. Additionally, I wanted to merge the storage A and B in the database, So I replaced the "image_storage_id" in database from 5 (Storage id of A) to 4 (Storage id of B) and than deleted the storage id 5 from "xxx_storages".

Everything went smooth, and I could never imagine that it would be so easy. Now, I understand why @Rodolfo choose storage id to map images instead of url. Fantastic.

Everything looks clean and less cluttered and I can add more external storage without having to add multiple subdomain pointing to the same Storage container.

However, I need a little help updating the "Size of Storage used by each Storage id". I know it doesn't really matter since the total value of the actual storage used is still the same, but it would still be helpful if I ever had to monitor the available space on the container. Otherwise, I would have to check it regularly on the storage container.

Help would be much appreciated.

I think I broke something. I don't understand the structure of the database tables. Is there somewhere else I need to change the storage ID? New images are not being stored on external storage. They are being uploaded to the local storage.

Edit: Nevermind. Fixed it. Had to disable and enable the storage. Still need help with the used space though. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @lovedigit

Check app/install/installer.php it has a very neat examples of massive counts + update statements. Basically you need to SELECT SUM all the image size fields then update the old value.

Can you point out an example? I tried tirelessly, but couldn't figure out what I am searching for in app/install/installer.php

Just select sum all the images matching the storage id (image_size, image_tumb_size, image_medium_size) and then update the storage usage value.

Code:
UPDATE chv_storages SET storage_space_used = (SELECT (SUM(image_size)+SUM(image_thumb_size)+SUM(image_medium_size)) disk FROM chv_images WHERE image_storage_id = X) WHERE storage_id = X;

X = Storage ID.

Code:
UPDATE chv_storages SET storage_space_used = (SELECT (SUM(image_size)+SUM(image_thumb_size)+SUM(image_medium_size)) disk FROM chv_images WHERE image_storage_id = X) WHERE storage_id = X;

X = Storage ID.

Thank you! very much for this. <3:)

Back