• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How to deploy chereto external storage SFTP server in Windows 2012

jiangmeichao

Chevereto Member
I will use SFTP on chevereto as an external storage method to store images, so I bought a Windows 2012 special server with a large hard disk, but I encountered some problems. I don't know how to deploy the SFTP server environment. Please give me a deployment plan. Thank you!

I tried using Windows Server + IIS for external storage and it didn't work out.

The issue was down to Windows not supporting case sensitive files while chevereto uses it by default. So you will get upload error very often when images with the same filename but different cases are encountered.

Not being case sensitive is a deal breaker, the fact that you got collisions is because being case insensitive removes the entire alphabet (28 chars) from being used in filenames. When doing case sensitive you have 2x alphabet chars.

The case sensitive also applies to public IDs, so it also affects URLs.

Chevereto is made on and for Linux, is highly recommended to use a Linux server with it.
1599657958076.png

Not being case sensitive is a deal breaker, the fact that you got collisions is because being case insensitive removes the entire alphabet (28 chars) from being used in filenames. When doing case sensitive you have 2x alphabet chars.

The case sensitive also applies to public IDs, so it also affects URLs.

Chevereto is made on and for Linux, is highly recommended to use a Linux server with it.
View attachment 3220
How to deploy external storage of Linux server? Is there a detailed deployment method? thank you

How to deploy external storage of Linux server? Is there a detailed deployment method? thank you
There are plenty, like setting up a FTP server or if you feel spartan you could try creating your own OpenStack storage. You could also map the external storage as a network drive, and use the local storage API.

Worth mention that for storage you can also use third-party services, perhaps that will be easier than setting up the storage on your own.

There are plenty, like setting up a FTP server or if you feel spartan you could try creating your own OpenStack storage. You could also map the external storage as a network drive, and use the local storage API.

Worth mention that for storage you can also use third-party services, perhaps that will be easier than setting up the storage on your own.

Well, thank you! I try to create openstack storage. I feel that I can't create openstack storage. If the FTP external storage can be optimized in the next version of chevereto, the FTP created by the pagoda panel can be directly used to deploy the external storage. In this way, the cost of using chevereto can be reduced a lot. There are not many images hosted by the website in my current Alibaba cloud OSS Since then, the number of pictures has increased. Using Alibaba cloud OSS is a high cost

FTP is an standard protocol, it won't get improved. Also, most servers that you can get already do include FTP so the problem you are mention is with that specific provider, not Chevereto.

FTP is an standard protocol, it won't get improved. Also, most servers that you can get already do include FTP so the problem you are mention is with that specific provider, not Chevereto.

well! That may be my technical problem. Thank you very much for your help.

Back