• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to create an Image not Found Pic?

xoom

Chevereto Member
Hello guys,

i have one question,

i have to delet many images from my Imagehost but i want ive anybody looks at this image that an Image comes (Link an Image not found or Image deleted)

Sorry for my bad english !

Not sure what you mean by that.

Could you try to use Google Translater, and write your own language 100% Grammar correct?..

Anyway,

Do you mean, that when you delete a image, you want the image to be replaced, with somthing that i have in my Signature? (Image not found, or image deleted) , Like it redicerts to a error image?

Do you mean, that when you delete a image, you want the image to be replaced, with somthing that i have in my Signature? (Image not found, or image deleted)

Yes, exactly!
I want to automate this so I do not have to replace every single picture!

xoom said:
Do you mean, that when you delete a image, you want the image to be replaced, with somthing that i have in my Signature? (Image not found, or image deleted)

Yes, exactly!
I want to automate this so I do not have to replace every single picture!

I understand you. Give me two secounds, and i will find the script or tutorial for you that i used.

Here is the thread,
http://chevereto.com/forums/topic1118-default-picture-for-deleted-images.html

.. I'll try to figure out how , as its not written a good tutorial on the two urls Rodolfo posted. Let me know if you need help!

I'm sure this will work for you, you could try it.

1. Open FTP/FileZilla.

2. Go to the directory that your images are uploaded, such as mydomain.com/images <-- Are default, go to yours.

3. Download the .htaccess that are inside there.

4. Open the .htaccess, and add this code:

ErrorDocument 404 /image.png

That should redicert all the non-existing sites/images inside the directory where your images are placed.. I could do it for you, if you are confused.

- Yes, you could do this with your root .htaccess, but that will make ALL Sites/Pages/images/files that not exist to the default image, which isnt good..

Yes, that should work.

That means that you have to edit the .htaccess inside /images , nothing else. Could you try that? Then i'll see.

Thats dont work! :(

<Files .*>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

AddHandler cgi-script .php .php3 .phtml .pl .py .jsp .asp .htm .shtml .sh .cgi .fcgi
Options -ExecCGI
ErrorDocument 404 /default.png

Ok! Let's try the 2nd way, that worked for me. First delete the one you added. And add this insted:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_URI}!-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (.*).(gif|jpg|jpeg|png|bmp)$
RewriteRule ^(.*) default.png

(Add it ontop the whole .htaccess!)

Now the default image will be in default.png, inside the /images.. Which means, just take a .png image and rename it default, then upload it to /images, with FTP, then edit htaccess and try :D

xoom said:
Ive done this ! Its destroys my Imagehost :D

Wow :O Nothing works for you it seems.

Are you using VPS Or Dedicated server or somthing? Apache? Idk i..

Here is mod_rewrite rule:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.(gif|jpg|jpeg|png|bmp)$
RewriteRule .* path/to/noimage.gif [L]

(If you have access to that)
###############################3
Here is mine, inside the image folder:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f