• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to change permalink structure

imgamd85

Chevereto Member
Hi,

When we upload an image we get a link with a 5 letter combination like yourdomain.com/image/ABCXY

I would like the name of the image in the link structure.

like if am uploading an image with image name best selfie of the year , can i get the link as domainname.com/image/best-selfie-of-the-year

It doesn't work like that. System uses the same thing that YouTube uses and it will remain in that way. It has worked fine all these years, I don't see the need for change here.

Fine no problem... It might get good score in SEO thats why asked. If the system can be changed easily why dont you give an option like the one in wordpress so that users will decide which one to choose

It is not a viable option for a system which rely on user input, since there always are the chances of running out of name for the url, or it being comflicting with one another. Especially when you're anticipating at least thousands or images. And in many cases the numbers goes as high as billions.

Besides, having unique url string is actually better for SEO. It is working Google, Facebook, hell even imgur. I dont see why we would have to implement the suggested changes.

It is never advised that the URL structure can be easily changed and if you want me to push that to the system open a request topic please.

Back