• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to add the (EU Cookie Law) in your Cheverote Site with Admin Option

maxdome

Chevereto Member
First Please read below the: New Release Update of (EU Cookie Law) Script v1.1.

The European Union (EU) Cookie Law is privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve information from their computer or mobile device.

To comply with the EU Cookie Law, you can add a code snippet to your Cheverote website with Admin option, using the following script:

Step 1 - Zip Archive:
Download files: https://zupics.com/downloads/policycookie.zip

Step 2 - Extract the files:
Code:
policycookie.css
policycookie.js
policycookie.png

Step 3 - Upload the files to your Cheverote website (FTP):
Code:
/lib/Peafowl/policycookie.css
/lib/Peafowl/js/policycookie.js
/content/images/system/default/policycookie.png

Step 4 - Edit the header.php file:
/
app/themes/Peafowl/header.php

Search this code snippet:
Code:
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="<?php echo CHV\get_system_image_url(CHV\getSetting('favicon_image')); ?>" sizes="114x114">

Step 5 - now add this code snippet under :
Code:
<?php if(CHV\getSetting('cookie_chooser_enable') > 0) { ?>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo G\get_base_url(); ?>/lib/Peafowl/policycookie.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo G\get_base_url(); ?>/lib/Peafowl/js/policycookie.js"></script>
<?php } ?>

Step 6 - Go to your Cheverote MySQL database and insert this sql code:
Code:
INSERT INTO `chv_settings` (`setting_id`, `setting_name`, `setting_value`, `setting_default`, `setting_typeset`) VALUES
('', 'cookie_chooser_enable', '0', '0', 'bool');

Step 7 - Now edit the file (dashboard.php) :
/app/themes/Peafowl/views/dashboard.php

Search this code:
Code:
<div class="input-below"><?php _se('Color of the homepage call to action button.'); ?></div>
                    </div>

Step 8 - now add this code snippet under :
Code:
<!--COOKIE POLICY START-->
<div class="input-label">
<label for="cookie_chooser_enable"><?php _se('The Cookie Law'); ?></label>
<div class="c5 phablet-c1"><select type="text" name="cookie_chooser_enable" id="cookie_chooser_enable" class="text-input">
<?php echo CHV\Render\get_select_options_html([1 => _s('Enabled'), 0 => _s('Disabled')], CHV\Settings::get('cookie_chooser_enable')); ?>
</select></div>
<div class="input-below input-warning red-warning clear-both"><?php echo get_input_errors()['cookie_chooser_enable']; ?></div>
<div class="input-below"><?php _se('Enable this to use the Cookie Law for the homepage.'); ?></div>
</div>
<!--COOKIE POLICY END-->

Step 9 - Now go to your admin dashboard: -> settings -> homepage

Select: (Enable) the Cookie LAW and click on the save button.

Now go to your Homepage web and check it this enabled.

Demo here: https://zupics.com/

e03c0f91de6dbc7e8c20742d383ea83b.jpg

7f1262ba87de7723c589382f44dd92b6.jpg

You can edit the text to a different language:
Open the file:

Go to Line: 110 and change your text:
We use our own and third party cookies to improve your experience and our services, identifying your Internet browsing preferences on our website. If you continue to browse, we consider that you accept the use our <a href='PAGE URL'>cookies policy</a>

Remember to create a new Chevereto Page and put the PAGE URL in the same policycookie.js file.
Use this web to create your own Cookie Policy Text : Cookie Policy Generator

Good Luck

If you liked my help, please click the "like" button :)

Best Regards:
Gio

Last edited:
New Release Update of (EU Cookie Law) Script v1.1.

Before updating the new version you should follow the installation steps indicated above.

Changes:
1) Added Texture class style text.
2) Added Accept class style button.
2) Update Close class style with button.
3) Removed the Imagen (policycookie.png).
4) Improved class style in the text reason.

Step 1 - Zip Archive:
Download file: https://zupics.com/downloads/policycookie.1.1.zip

Step 1- Extract the files:
Code:
policycookie.css
policycookie.js

Step 2 - Upload the files to your Chevereto website (FTP):
Code:
/lib/Peafowl/policycookie.css

Step 3 - Do not forget to change the COOKIE PAGE URL in the policycookie.js (Line: 112)
Code:
href='YOUR PAGE URL'

That is all,

Now refresh your Chevereto website!

Demo here: https://zupics.com/
homepolicy1.1.jpg

Best Regards:
Gio

Last edited:
Hello maxdome,

Super is pretty much like her, include this option in the new update 3.6.3 cheverto would be great would avoid losing his hand and has every update

hey

I am trying to add this EU cookies on my site but i dont know what to do with step 6 am stuck please can you tell me what exactly i have to do?

thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 16
hey

I am trying to add this EU cookies on my site but i dont know what to do with step 6 am stuck please can you tell me what exactly i have to do?

thanks
In the picture you put here, once you put the code in mysql, click on the button (GO) below right

Also I did a little research and the cookie notice is needed only when your website includes tracking cookies like when you do re-targeting (like AdRoll) and things like that. The usage of session cookies for login or for website operation doesn't mean that you need the cookie law warning.

Last edited:
Back