• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How to add comments that uses current username

Ephbaum

Chevereto Member
Wondering if anyone has added a comment section that doesn't require an outside login as facebook and discus does. One that will just let the current user post under his username and pwd.

Thanks

there are other topic related to this and Rodolfo will get on social life in 3.7 as what is published information till now....there is a big need for it now but other bits need to be sorted out too first.

I appreciate your reply but adding Social Life in 3.7 isn't going to give us what we're wanting. I don't see how we can install any update without it seriously effecting the script modifications we've done to our site. I'm asking if there is anyone that's implemented one that uses the current username/pwd without an outside connection/registration. I'm amazed nobody has done this yet and only rely on disgus or facebook which require registration. Many of my users will not be on facebook and it's inconvenient to use disgus. Anyone out there done this yet?

I'm amazed nobody has done this yet and only rely on disgus or facebook which require registration. Many of my users will not be on facebook and it's inconvenient to use disgus.

I think "nobody" includes you too... right?

Well…..probably all the current user prefer Rodolfo’s future solution ;) btw if you notice most of the changes you do stay as is and he is adding a lot of extra “switches” for ppl like me too :) so no coding will be required to have a nice unique touch on your site.

But if you add comments than you would need notifications than email notifications etc etc so it would not be a simple quicky…that’s my understanding and trust me im very very in the need of it too

But if you add comments than you would need notifications than email notifications etc etc so it would not be a simple quicky…

First thing nowadays when you include comments... is SPAM management knova... once you add it it attracts spam.

I think "nobody" includes you too... right?

A pointless and counterproductive comment. No I haven't yet but I will shortly. Only had the script a little over a week.

My thoughts were I would ask the question, see if there was someone that had done something with it. Then if not, get on it and do it myself.

Which I will.

But smsposi, your comment did bring to mind the need for users to be able to 'block' other users comments, which I'll work on as well.

Spam is manageable. Notifications are local. No email necessary but could be an option.

I appreciate your input knova15.

Anyone else done anything with this?

Ephbaum,

Always remember every website needs a different setup.

For example take WordPress don't they have comments inbuilt... it does but website owners prefer to use other external services... even many popular sites use disqus, fb comments, livefyre. And many do it because it helps them in one way or other... for some its about traffic they gets from social sites, for some its to reduce server load or spam management or social login etc.

I host about 15 blogs in different topics with good users and they don't get comments for days or even weeks.

Chevereto is adding features one by one and there are a lot to come... just it takes time and comment system will be included soon as accepted in this post https://chevereto.com/community/threads/build-in-comment-function.4816/

smsposi : i just mentioned a few bits :) but yes spam management is important too. point is...it is not simple in the end if the purpose is to keep ppl on the site for as loooooong as possible to interact with each other and motivate each other to upload more images

smsposi : i just mentioned a few bits :) but yes spam management is important too. point is...it is not simple in the end if the purpose is to keep ppl on the site for as loooooong as possible to interact with each other and motivate each other to upload more images

Knova, inbuilt comments system needs a good amount of work from both Rodolfo (in coding) and us (in maintaining) and doesnt add that much as everyone thinks (atleast) and you will find it once you implement it. I personally have experienced this... in inbuild system users have to go through an extra step of login or signup or add name, email to comment... so comments never clicked.

I think something similar to likes or sharing or adding user interested images to ones profile, follow users, albums, etc... adds more to site than comments.

this is only if you use the site as host and not as a community like "500px,flickr,etc". as soon as you have even just a group of 50 ppl sharing images with each other...let say canon fans they want to ad (hopefully) positive critics to the img to help the shooter to become better.

in that case follow,like/dislike,comments are the most important. if you have 1000s of user then private msgs are crutial too as i bet they will want to get together.

already posted on pph a job for a chevereto + xenforo bridge. will see what proposals i get. but thats only usable for forum and PM temporary

Reactions: SMP
There are a lot of things that keeps me away from adding comments and other features right at this time. I've plenty reasons that I won't enumerate at this time and I've already mentioned in several topics, in short, thing is that there are a lot of code and things that you don't see in those features like for instance spam handling and things that I don't want to discuss because I think that is better just work on it.

This is just part of the process and I've decided to push social features in a very mature stage of 3.X life cycle because I know that is better in that way. You must remember that this is an image hosting software that makes possible image hosting websites so the core task of this software is to host images, not to make a photo sharing community. Obviously that my goal is to make rich photo sharing communities but that is something that I'm building with extra care and patience.

Reactions: SMP
if that will be around july -august im fine :D but it was promised last year so its a bit hard when you tell your few users (3000+ in my FB group ) that the site will be ready soon and then a year later still nothing for what they asked for...not to mention the chevereto users too :/ it is now pushed back 2nd time as a surprise :( never mind i know there is no point to say anything on this topic....

Even big game releases like Zelda for Wii U get delayed. Is a normal thing.

Back