• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How much images do you keep before deleting them?

Kayz

Chevereto Member
I have a question guys, I have 40gb worth of images which was collected over 3 years from 2009-2013.

Now space costs a lot of money these days, I am thinking of deleting 2 years worth of images from 2009-2011 so I can save space and money.

Is this something you do to optimise web space or do you keep all your images?

If the website grows very big moving the files are a headache.

I would be interested to know your thoughts.

Disk space trends to be cheaper every year. How much are you paying for it?

Well I was on shared hosting at the moment and my host is kicking me out because I am using too much bandwidth not storage. (This is a long story and will be writing a review about them soon.)

I am desperately looking for an affordable host and have had offers of $40 per month on a reseller account which offers 70gb. I really really need something cheaper if possible.

Shared web hosting / reseller will not work for you if you want to seriously run an image hosting website. 90% of the shared / reseller web hosting companies restrict clients from running this kind of scripts for the same reason, bandwidth and storage. What you really need now is a VPS, that way you will have complete control over your server and you'll be able to optimize it for your needs. Then, after you monetize your website and make enough money you can move on to something bigger, like a dedicated server.

What VPS offers are reasonable do you think to host up to 100GB and 500 GB bandwidth per month?

What VPS offers are reasonable do you think to host up to 100GB and 500 GB bandwidth per month?

You should ask in webhostingtalk, they know more about VPS and hosting in general. I rarely use VPS, I mostly use shared / dedicated.

Back