• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

How does V3 migrate data to V4?

liuguang

Chevereto Member
hello!
I am now using V3, I change how to migrate V3 data to V4 above, I use Ali cloud storage bucket.

Good evening
In this version 4.0 update line you write this:
"Provide Chevereto V4 files on top of Chevereto V3 installation"...
Should we take all the files from V4. ?or only the v4 app/vendor?
It is also possible that the translation of this line is confusing for the reading and the procedure.
gpinpin

Good evening
In this version 4.0 update line you write this:
"Provide Chevereto V4 files on top of Chevereto V3 installation"...
Should we take all the files from V4. ?or only the v4 app/vendor?
It is also possible that the translation of this line is confusing for the reading and the procedure.
gpinpin

From my understand based on that line it reads "Upload all v4.x files ON TOP of your existing v3.x installation and overwrite any v3.x files (if any)." app/vendor is REMOVE.

"Remove app/vendor from your Chevereto V3 installation."

I did the upgrade last night from 3.2 to v4, and I agree the documentation is not super clear.

You do need to overwrite the files from v3 with v4. That is once you have deleted the files/folders referenced in the doc.

Pro tip - when you go to the database update component, be %100 sure the database prefix is correct, or you will end up with a new install of v4, and not an upgraded one.

I did the update from 3.20.19 to 4.0.2 a few minutes ago and it was straightforward when following the steps described in the doc.

@Rodolfo great work, i like the polished design of V4 - looking forward to the next releases.

Yes, in fact everything is going well by following the doc. Delete the vendor directory and of course overwrite the v3 files with those of v4. Thank you for your help. Everything is good for me.

Back