• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Hotlinked pictures changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Website URL
<private>

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
Many our users report that some of their hotlinked pictures got changed to pictures of other users. Anybody experience same issue or know what could be the problem? thanx

To be honest, I don't know what causes that thing but is a server problem because the images are served directly by your webserver. Check for cache, if that doesn't help it could be a hardware issue, hope is not.

Hi,

i cleared cache many times and rebooted the server as well, nothing helped. Last week we also migrated to new HW and the issue still persist so it isnt HW issue either. Any other advise how to fix this? Many users are really pissed for this behavior. Thanx

You will have to go deeper. Like I said, links are served directly by your webserver and if that is wrong there's nothing that an script (which runs on top of that) can do.

I have more information regarding this issue, the issue happens randomly but i have one study case.
- User uploaded picture
when i check Embed Codeshttps://www.ultraimg.com/image/YzkN
- Image link - pic correct
- Image URL - pic correct
- Thumbnail URL - pic correct
- Medium URL - pic WRONG

This seems to be chevereto issue, not our webbrower, conversion to thumbnails is done by your script and he is mixing it with other users pictures.
URL link sent to admin...

thanx

This is not a Chevereto issue as it doesn't affect other users. When something affects just one user/website then you can tell that the problem is more related to a server issue rather than the software.

There are plenty big websites running Chevereto rather than yours and nobody else is reporting this issue so please go back to the hardware/settings part because if your webserver is not handling files properly then the script can't fix that. The system sends instructions to touch or modify X file but if your server fails to handle that inode then there's little that the script can do.

I'm sorry, but this is a server issue and Chevereto support doesn't cover server issues.

MD and TH images are generated from the original image. As you may notice, TH displays a thumbnail version of the original image and MD displays something else. To be honest, I don't know which is the right original image but in any case, you have some sort of file collision in the filesystem. The fact that TH and MD are different tells you that there's something wrong in your filesystem as those files are generated within seconds one from another (check the image class) so it is impossible to get that result unless your filesystem is wrong.

If your hardware is returning wrong file contents for the internal functions there's nothing I can do.

upload_2017-11-25_14-42-28.png

upload_2017-11-25_14-43-0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back