Valère
Chevereto Member
Hi everyone,
I've been using Chevereto to host images for 15 years now. I introduced Hostux.pics on this forum a few years ago, and I'm back today to share its new theme developed for my Chevereto installation.
This work is part of a broader visual redesign of Hostux, a personal project through which I've been providing various free online services for several years, with a focus on privacy and open-source software.
Following the redesign of hostux.net, the main portal bringing these services together, and dns.hostux.net, my public DNS resolver service, I've gradually been working on harmonizing their interfaces.
The idea is to establish a consistent visual identity across different services, despite the different software they run on: typography, color palette, buttons, navigation, and content presentation. Hostux.pics now follows this same visual direction.
The Hostux theme builds on Peafowl and adapts Chevereto's interface to this shared identity. The work includes:

I'd love to hear your feedback, whether it's about the overall appearance, the light and dark modes, or everyday usability, especially on mobile devices.
Thanks to Rodolfo, the Chevereto team and the community!
I've been using Chevereto to host images for 15 years now. I introduced Hostux.pics on this forum a few years ago, and I'm back today to share its new theme developed for my Chevereto installation.
This work is part of a broader visual redesign of Hostux, a personal project through which I've been providing various free online services for several years, with a focus on privacy and open-source software.
Following the redesign of hostux.net, the main portal bringing these services together, and dns.hostux.net, my public DNS resolver service, I've gradually been working on harmonizing their interfaces.
The idea is to establish a consistent visual identity across different services, despite the different software they run on: typography, color palette, buttons, navigation, and content presentation. Hostux.pics now follows this same visual direction.
The Hostux theme builds on Peafowl and adapts Chevereto's interface to this shared identity. The work includes:
- Light and dark modes, consistent with the other Hostux services;
- A redesigned homepage;
- Consistent styling across galleries, albums, forms, and account pages;
- Interface adjustments for smaller screens;
- Particular attention to contrast, keyboard navigation, and visible focus indicators.

I'd love to hear your feedback, whether it's about the overall appearance, the light and dark modes, or everyday usability, especially on mobile devices.
Thanks to Rodolfo, the Chevereto team and the community!
