• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Big Chevereto Hosting for RPers at NickPic.Host

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak

Hello everyone! I quite love Chevereto already! You guys have a great community here with a lot of support. Thank you! Imgur recently banned any direct links to Imgur and it caused a lot of forum hosts to freak out. They blocked parts of ProBoards and blocked Jcink entirely. So, this created a lack of a host for RPG forums on remotely hosted servers, plus a lack for these RP Resource Forums which are full of talented designers. Thus, I created http://nickpic.host to close the void, and be a host I'd personally use.

We officially "opened" on the 22nd of February, 2016. This has been our growth thus far,

a905bbd257ae3cdf3a89c09f457b5386.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! We're growing at a steady rate. Just about to break 3k images and now have 54 users. 48 users have uploaded something already. Of the users that have uploaded something, every single one has returned within 12 hours and uploaded something else.

If you're going to target that specific subset of uploaders, can I suggest you change your name. While I understand it currently, it implies the person named Nick... Which even if you're wanting to imply a 'nickname', it doesn't do so. Try to be more specific, for branding purposes.

Thanks for the suggestion @SirMoo, however, the original onset wasn't to target that subset. It was mainly just for me and my friends. My name is Nick. So Nick Pic Host. However, a lot of my friends are in the RP. I am not for-profit, nor do I have any intention of running ads. It's meant to be small and for our very tiny niche.

Anyways! 64 users 3,386 images now.

Hello friends!

We have been growing. We're growing exclusively through word of mouth in our targeted market. Can it be called market since it's non-profit? We needed a good image host for our community and one did not exist!

pUWox.jpg

We're now serving about 165 GB of bandwidth a month too.

Alright, so we're now at 26,000 images, 1,072 albums and 276 users. Our diskspace is now at 10.95 GB. The CDN and the server are processing about 300GB of traffic.

chevereto.jpg
So there's an update! I hit 30,000 images and 300 users. My CDN alone has serviced 3,454,267 hits of content, while my actual file server serviced less. In the last 30 days, I used 104 GB bandwidth on my server and just over 300 on MaxCDN.

The site is starting to grow at a faster pace. I just moved it over to it's own server where it can continue to grow.

upload_2016-10-23_10-45-22.png

So, we are growing still! Slow and steady growth. All my images are uploaded by registered users, I do not allow guest uploads. Nearly 90% of our users return to upload images again. Albums have turned out to be extremely popular and I'm getting a few emails a week of people asking for sub albums and more organizational tools.

I'm really pleased with how this is growing.

AepRx.jpg

Minor update. 14k new images. 800 new albums, nearly a hundred new users! 85% of my user base is active (Uploaded at least 1 photo in the last 30 days). Still holding about 3 million CDN impressions for the last 30 days.

Hi @ashkir thanks for sharing, love your site.

Can you tell me how you added the "Council" link to your navigation. I am going to be incorporating a forum like you did to my site.

Hey all! So, http://nickpic.host officially hit one year! I used this as an opportunity to grow my niche. Thus, the "parent" of NickPic.Host is now officially rpg.wiki. I got control of http://rpg.wiki and am going to be giving out free wiki domains in the short near future.

Congrats, what's your plans with rpg.wiki? How did you get control, did you purchase the site?
Hey. My plans for rpg.wiki is to provide support for rpg.wiki and nickpic.host services. I have another thing I want to do, but, my script is terrible and rudimentary, so I need to find a developer I can afford to polish it. For rpg.wiki I plan on offering free domains under rpg.wiki so basically you.rpg.wiki. This is to promote RPG wikis. Early next month I plan on launching free wiki hosting for RPGs, TikiHosting. None of it has any ads.

I was given rpg.wiki by Top Level Design to use. An old colleague of mine is the CEO of that company, and they're trying to buy 10 TLDs. He also gave me nick.wiki which I haven't decided what to use it for just yet. But, I love it. (My real name is Nick). There's one other domain I want to try to set up and get with his help, but, I need to get permission from the country of Iceland first... Should be fun!

Back