• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Hide top bar

bastien

Chevereto Member
Is there a way to hide the top bar when images are displayed large, at least when images are displayed on smartphones? When I use my smartphone I can touch the image to enlarge it but the image is not displayed full because of the top bar. When I scroll down to see the whole large image, the top bar will stay on top and the image is scaled down.

If you ask for a way, well of course that there is a way to do it. Question is how hard is to, and in this case you need to hack the JS to determine the image height according to your needs and for what I know about the implementation, is not that easy to do as you may expect.

This happens because some browsers auto-hide their topbar and cause a height refresh. I didn't designed Chevereto with that thing concerning me so the implementation needs a lot of tweaking to make it work with those web browsers.

Hi! Look in your peafowl CSS for .top-bar and look for .follow-scroll-wrapper, the CSS is rather easy to find. Do you use the white or the dark skin?

Code:
.top-bar.white, .follow-scroll-wrapper.position-fixed {
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.1);
}
.top-bar.white.transparent {
    border-bottom-color: transparent;
}

.top-bar.white, .follow-scroll-wrapper.position-fixed, .top-bar-box-shadow-none .top-bar.white {
    /*background-color: rgba(255,255,255,.97);*/
    background-color: #FFF;
}

Now that you know what that CSS is, I suggest reading up on MediaQueries. To start, go with W3 and read further on it by checking out what smartphones your users use via Google Anaytlics. This discussion thread has a lot of awesome information.

Hi! Look in your peafowl CSS for .top-bar and look for .follow-scroll-wrapper, the CSS is rather easy to find. Do you use the white or the dark skin?

Code:
.top-bar.white, .follow-scroll-wrapper.position-fixed {
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.1);
}
.top-bar.white.transparent {
    border-bottom-color: transparent;
}

.top-bar.white, .follow-scroll-wrapper.position-fixed, .top-bar-box-shadow-none .top-bar.white {
    /*background-color: rgba(255,255,255,.97);*/
    background-color: #FFF;
}

Now that you know what that CSS is, I suggest reading up on MediaQueries. To start, go with W3 and read further on it by checking out what smartphones your users use via Google Anaytlics. This discussion thread has a lot of awesome information.
Thank you for the information! I'll try it this weekend. I use the dark skin but i've found what to change then.

Back