• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Hi, new Chevereto user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing that looks bad when someone you trust do something like this and regardless if there's a case or not, the society has ways to deal with this kind of incidents. You just told others your point of view and many sustained your case. How it could be the opposite if you tell others "Chevereto developer stole my idea"?

You mention a lot the client/developer trust. @tomsit is not the developer, I do. He doesn't have any conflict of interest because he is just another client, just like you. The fact that he is Community Staff doesn't mean that he is legally or even morally engaged with development. FYI, he doesn't have access to your website, work in progress or anything that someone could imagine. Not even I have access to the contents of each one of your servers out there so I really don't understand why the "Community Staff" makes the difference in this case.

I will handle this incident in our Inner Circle, which is a private forum where the Staff, Community Staff and general enthusiast share their thoughts. I will like to know the Inner Circle opinions and thoughts, not just friends of you both that support one side or another.

For now, I hope you learn to coexist, an apology from @tomsit, and please edit the posts where you say that "the developer" stole your idea.

I already did edit my thread and amended mod to it based on your previous reply.
So here's the thing...
How does someone who no longer has interest in SC in June,
turn around and release a SC community website shortly after someone comes here for help who bought a license...
when he also A) A mod with a position of authority over clients who sign up and B) makes websites to sell them
TQ7NGYV.png

8I9aV0Q.png

The optics on this keep getting worse. I really wanted to find a history of just a bunch of screenshots to back up the claims. Not seeing that, I'm seeing someone who looks like he saw an opportunity to make some money.. at went with it...

1544730402218.png

Making money on image hosting? I expect $300 drain a month running this thing with CDN's, Servers and what not. Just so people have an free site outside of closed communities like yours.

if you where planing to buy the domain starimagezen.com then you should of done that on first thing you do, never do site first and then buy the domain @davidlevy if this isn't the reason then never give out the name and domain you plan to buy for the site you are going to make.

This has been escalated here: https://chevereto.com/community/threads/on-moral-ethics-concerning-community-members.10789/

As an immediate action, I've added the following remark to the community Terms and rules.

MEMBERS PART OF COMMUNITY STAFF, MODERATORS OR ANY MEMBER NOT LISTED AS "CHEVERETO STAFF" DO NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF THE COMPANY BEHIND THE SOFTWARE, ITS DEVELOPMENT, AND/OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY CHEVERETO.

I assume all the responsibility of the problem between the two users as it wasn't clear the difference since @tomsit was being flagged as "Staff Member" just like I was listed on the same level. I never thought that a situation like this could be triggered and I offer apologies to both @davidlevy and @tomsit for the confusion caused by my lack of attention to this detail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back