• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Header showing only mobile menu button in 'Private' mode

Gambalunga

💖 Chevereto Fan
We run our site in 'Private' mode. In the past I used an override of the header.php to place a menu for some specific pages in the header when at the login page. This customisation ceased to function when I updated to 3.20.16 (I was several updates behind). Unfortunately I do not have a screen shot of how it was previously.

With the current version, in 'Private' mode I see that the login page now contains a mobile style ('hamburger' or 3 line) menu button in the top left corner and I have not yet found a way to override this. Perhaps more my lack of PHP skills than anything else. The mobile menu button gives links to all the pages, login, signup, and contact. This menu button appears in telephone, tablet (vertical and horizontal) and on Windows desktops.

I don't realy want to lose all this functionality when in 'Private' mode, as covered in an RFC posted today, but I do think that the treament should be a right hand button or text on tablets (when horizontal) and on desktop screens.

I don't now recall if the site logo appeared in the header on the the login page on previous versions, but if not I have covered this in another RFC today.

I'm sorry to hear about these issues, but modifications aren't subject for bug reporting. For bugs, we understand as functionalities not working as expected. If you modified the system to suit your needs, you need to be following these.

This is a customization that needs to be handled at custom implementations not at bug reporting.

Sorry Rudolfo, perhaps I wasn't entirely clear. This occurs when the site is in 'Private' mode I removed the customisation because it was no longer working so the attached screenshot is with no customisation.

The attached screenshot is from a full screen desktop Windows 10 computer but the result is the same also on a wide screen (landscape) Android tablet.

screenshot.jpg

The 'hamburger' mobile style menu button is circled in red in the top left corner.

By the way I do understand the intent of the ? circled button used with the full menu but I personally prefer text on a desktop screen.

I still don't understand what's the problem with that menu, feel free to customize the code to fit your needs.

PS. Not a custom implementation but, I think, a bug in the standard script. That is unless the 'hamburger' mobile style menu button is intended.

Back