• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • πŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • πŸ’Έ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• βœ… Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • πŸ”₯ Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • πŸ“š Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Must read Guide: Combat child abuse content using project Arachnid API (free)

Maybe someone else has made something possible? The issues with those kind of images are really horrible and excessive, sadly - and I'm trying to avoid having such images hosted on any server.

Maybe someone else has made something possible? The issues with those kind of images are really horrible and excessive, sadly - and I'm trying to avoid having such images hosted on any server.
Probably one one solution (not perfect) would be to block tor/vpn/proxy of all possible types, then add warning at start of the page that you agree with NOT sharing anything that is CP or what could lead to ABUSE/DMCA etc. and also big warning that you cooperate with police and will share the IP with them? something like that to make them worry....

ok I know this is old thread but when uploading the api to
/var/www/html/api.php getting a 404 via web browser
if i rename the file to index.php works as should??? so i know the file is there

ok I know this is old thread but when uploading the api to
/var/www/html/api.php getting a 404 via web browser
if i rename the file to index.php works as should??? so i know the file is there
Check your nginx/apache config. It is not configured correctly to process PHP files.

What is it?

Operated by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, Project Arachnid is an innovative tool to combat the growing proliferation of child sexual abuse material (CSAM) on the internet. The project was setup to scan the internet for CSAM and send takedown notice to concerned parties.

How does it work?

The service is hosted on AWS and capable of handling very high volume of traffic. The API scans for CSAM using MD5 hash database as well as use fuzzy image matching to detect images. When you submit the image list via API, the images get downloaded to their server instantly. Within next few mins you will receive an email if any content gets flagged.

How to get access to the API?

You can contact the team to request free access to the API https://projectarachnid.ca/en/contact/.

This is public initiative by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection and there is no fee or charge to use the API. However, API access is granted after reviewing your request to prevent abuse.

Script to send images to the API

PHP:
<?php
set_time_limit(1000);
include('dbconnectfile.php'); //Your database config file
date_default_timezone_set('GMT+0'); // Your time zone
$time=date('Y-m-d H:i:s');
$ptime=date('Y-m-d H:i:s',strtotime('-61 minutes')); //Time invertal to retrive image list. This should match your Cron job interval.
$result = mysqli_query($link,"SELECT * FROM images where image_date_gmt > '$ptime'"); //Retrives all images uploaded after last check.

echo '<h2>Mod time '.$time.'</h2>'; //Output current time
$post= '[';
if (mysqli_num_rows($result)>0){
while($r=mysqli_fetch_array($result))
{
$imagename=$r["image_name"];
$imagex=$r["image_extension"];
$storid=$r["image_storage_id"];
$imgurl='https://s'.$storid.'.yoursite.com/images/'.$imagename.'.'.$imagex.''; //Rebuild to your image direct URL. If you don't use external storage ignore $storid

$curl = curl_init();
$post = $post .'{  "url": "'.$imgurl.'"  },';
}
}
$post= $post .'{  "url": "'.$imgurl.'"  } ]';
curl_setopt_array($curl, array(
    CURLOPT_URL => "https://api.arachnid.c3p.ca/api/crawls/{crawl parameter}/multiple-links", //Set your crwal parameter
    CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
    CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => true,
    CURLOPT_ENCODING => "",
    CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
    CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 200,
    CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => "POST",
    CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS => $post,
    CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
        "Content-Type: application/json", "Authorization: {Your API Key}"
    ),
));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
$err = curl_error($curl);

curl_close($curl);

echo '<h2>End time '.$ptime.'</h2>'; //End time to indicate time interval of images retrived

//Email alert in case the API failed
if ($err) {
    echo "cURL Error #:" . $err;
    $email = "username@gmail.com";
$content = $err;
$name = "Alert";
$sender = "alert@yourdomain.com";
$subject = "Alert: API failed";
$headers = "From: $name "."<".$sender.">\r\n";
mail($email, $subject, $content, $headers );
} else {
    echo $response;
}
?>

PHP:
<?php
$link = mysqli_connect("localhost:3306", "username", "password", "databasename"); //your database server details

if (!$link) {
    echo "Error: Unable to connect to MySQL." . PHP_EOL;
    echo "Debugging errno: " . mysqli_connect_errno() . PHP_EOL;
    echo "Debugging error: " . mysqli_connect_error() . PHP_EOL;
    exit;
}
mysqli_select_db($link, 'databasename') or die("Could not open the db 'databasename'");
?>

Configure Cronjob to run every hour

Code:
0 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/api.php

Files attached.

To manually trigger the API open https://yoursite.com/api.php. If successful, the API will respond with URL list received and a custom ID.

PS: There is also option in API to wait for response. This could be useful if we could implement it like ModerateContent to stop the upload all together.
Hello, I do not have software knowledge, I bought an API, how can I use it?

Probably one one solution (not perfect) would be to block tor/vpn/proxy of all possible types, then add warning at start of the page that you agree with NOT sharing anything that is CP or what could lead to ABUSE/DMCA etc. and also big warning that you cooperate with police and will share the IP with them? something like that to make them worry....
That won't help, since uploaders won't care, they will find new VPN/proxy workarounds and putting information on the site about CP is forbidden won't stop them either. Next issue is if you do not detect CP content on straight sight, you will instead receive a so called abuse complaint from your host provider where from there your host received a complaint from a child protection authority and once you remove the content and these users comes back it will start all over again and new cp content will turn up. So best way is to sadly moderate every images manually, Which mean even images that are legal will be waiting until it's approved by admin/mod.

That won't help, since uploaders won't care...

Unfortunately by moderating images manually it also puts you at legal risk. If you approve an image on the site and someone claims copyright (or similar) you can be legally held accountable.

That's my understanding anyway.

Can say that the API works really well.

Have been able to detect questionable images and have alerted me within minutes by email.

Haha, yeah. I saw.
I though you used some modification(s), that's why I asked. But it you're using the exact script as above I'm very happy for you! :)

Back