• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Guest images are not deleted by the due date

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_brown

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the problem

Guest images are not deleted on time. Errors in the logs

! awaiting-confirmation users should not be deleted !

▶Steps playback steps

1. Automatically delete guest downloads - ON
  2. After 1 month

📃Error message

Code:
[Sat Aug 03 09:59:24.081794 2019] [:error] [pid 27258] [client 69.30.198.242:47369] exception 'CHV\\LockException' with message 'Unable to destroy delete-expired-images lock in CHV\\Lock->process()' in /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php:109\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php(61): CHV\\Lock->process('destroy', Array)\n#1 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(409): CHV\\Lock->__call('destroy', Array)\n#2 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(409): CHV\\Lock->destroy()\n#3 [internal function]: CHV\\{closure}()\n#4 {main}

[Sat Aug 03 10:23:57.625676 2019] [:error] [pid 28355] [client 69.30.198.242:48210] exception 'CHV\\LockException' with message 'Unable to destroy clean-unconfirmed-users lock in CHV\\Lock->process()' in /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php:109\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php(61): CHV\\Lock->process('destroy', Array)\n#1 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(422): CHV\\Lock->__call('destroy', Array)\n#2 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(422): CHV\\Lock->destroy()\n#3 [internal function]: CHV\\{closure}()\n#4 {main}

[Sat Aug 03 10:27:14.193457 2019] [:error] [pid 28708] [client 69.30.198.242:48524] exception 'CHV\\LockException' with message 'Unable to destroy delete-expired-images lock in CHV\\Lock->process()' in /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php:109\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php(61): CHV\\Lock->process('destroy', Array)\n#1 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(409): CHV\\Lock->__call('destroy', Array)\n#2 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(409): CHV\\Lock->destroy()\n#3 [internal function]: CHV\\{closure}()\n#4 {main}

[Sat Aug 03 10:27:14.194437 2019] [:error] [pid 28708] [client 69.30.198.242:48524] exception 'CHV\\LockException' with message 'Unable to destroy clean-unconfirmed-users lock in CHV\\Lock->process()' in /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php:109\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php(61): CHV\\Lock->process('destroy', Array)\n#1 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(422): CHV\\Lock->__call('destroy', Array)\n#2 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(422): CHV\\Lock->destroy()\n#3 [internal function]: CHV\\{closure}()\n#4 {main}

[Sat Aug 03 13:42:23.356210 2019] [:error] [pid 2502] [client 54.36.148.165:52548] exception 'CHV\\LockException' with message 'Unable to destroy clean-unconfirmed-users lock in CHV\\Lock->process()' in /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php:109\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/lib/classes/class.lock.php(61): CHV\\Lock->process('destroy', Array)\n#1 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(422): CHV\\Lock->__call('destroy', Array)\n#2 /var/www/-----------/data/www/--------------/app/loader.php(422): CHV\\Lock->destroy()\n#3 [internal function]: CHV\\{closure}()\n#4 {main}

Last edited:
Sorry that I fooled my head, but initially no one explained. I went into the MySQL database and found that part of the guest images did not have the image_expiration_date_gmt parameter, it was NULL, so they were not deleted, and with the rights to folders and files, I have everything OK! If I understand correctly, this field will be filled in only when the automatic deletion function is enabled in the control panel. And it turned off before 10.07.2019, so, the first guest images will be deleted from 10.08.2019.

No, I'm afraid that there's a large misunderstanding here.

1. Locks are file based and the error you reported indicated that the locks can't be deleted. This happens when you mess permissions (by any given reason, like for example a server migration).

2. Auto-delete guest uploads is a temporary option, meaning that it will only trigger deletions when the setting is enabled. It won't affect previous uploads at all.

3. It is still a matter of investigation (or resolution) why NULL these dates. As you may see, deletions works fine in the demo and no one else is reporting something similar.

Bottom line is that the system is ridiculously complex and you can't skip any detail. Think about the butterfly effect but instant. Basically that's how bad things can go.

strange .... but I specifically on a number of images yesterday, added a date in the past to the image_expiration_date_gmt field instead of NULL, and these images were automatically deleted after a few seconds. I noticed the following, if the setting in the dashboard is off, then image_expiration_date_gmt is set to guest pictures - NULL. If enabled, it records the date (day, two days. week or month, etc. depending on the settings).

With user images always writes NULL.

moreover, errors in the logs are no longer reproduced after I set the group write permissions to the folders you specify. And this group also includes Apache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back