• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Got "Invalid or unsupported file format." while uploading a video

Version
v4.1.2
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
Web browser
Microsoft Edge 124.0.2478.80

Japerz

Chevereto Member
While uploading an MOV, MP4 file, it shows a pop-up with "Invalid or unsupported file format.". MOV, MP4, and WEBM file extensions have been enabled under File upload settings. proc_open and proc_close have been removed from Disabled functions in the PHP config.

Environment:
Chevereto: v4.1.2
Nginx: 1.19.8
MySQL: 8.0.24
PHP: 8.0.26
FFmpeg: version 6.1-static

Thanks in advance!

PixPin_2024-05-09_18-11-53.png
PixPin_2024-05-09_18-13-36.png

Chevereto v4.1.2 added checking for FFmpeg binaries under /dashboard so take a look to what it says there.

That's odd. What should concern us here is to determine if the issue can be fixed at Chevereto (code) or is an issue related to ffmpeg.

Try uploading the video to the demo, if is too big try uploading the video to some disposable hosting (zip file) and share the link here. You could also try using Chevereto Docker directly on your computer.

That's odd. What should concern us here is to determine if the issue can be fixed at Chevereto (code) or is an issue related to ffmpeg.

Try uploading the video to the demo, if is too big try uploading the video to some disposable hosting (zip file) and share the link here. You could also try using Chevereto Docker directly on your computer.
I have uploaded a video to the demo: https://demo.chevereto.com/image/【maimai-でらっくす】ViRTUS-Hiro【3-2(木)登場!】.l3fN

Uploading the video to the demo went smoothly. I haven't tried using Docker yet. My current host method is Manual (GUI). I wonder if it has something to do with this. I will try to use the docker-compose method to build a demo for testing.

I suggest you to check on the binary you are using, mind checking for the right machine type (arm, x86, etc).

It happens with any video or just a few?
Well, you won't believe this. I had some issues with my computer during testing and tried restarting my computer and opening my website again. Try uploading the video that I can upload normally on the demo website to test the questions you asked me. But this time, there was no problem. I thought that only that mp4 could be uploaded, but I tried to upload the video that had not been successful before, and it was still uploaded successfully. mp4 and mov can be uploaded normally.

Although I am happy that the problem has been solved, what is puzzling is that I still don’t know the cause of the previous problems.

If the cause of the problem is that I changed something during this period that caused the cache to not be updated in time, but I made no other changes during this period except updating Cheverlot to 4.1.2.
sigh

Back