• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Googls ads style problem on home-cover

Jobsti

Chevereto Member
Hello,

if I add a new Google responsive ad on the first two fields (startpage "bevor/after" and "home_after_cta")

<div id="home-cover" data-content="follow-scroll-opacity"> will be changed to
<div id="home-cover" data-content="follow-scroll-opacity" style="height: auto !important; min-height: 0px !important;">

And all the content is moved above the top.
If I insert an other AD with a fixed width/height, there is no problem.
I think the ad has to be already activated/loaded, the problem exists, if the ad is still empty.

The problem is, I think, the responsive ads have no height attribute intheir style-code.

How to fix/block this insertion of style attributes on div id="home-cover?

1.png

2.png

Last edited:
New info:

if the ad has style "display:inline-block" there is no problem.
Responsive ads have "display:block", in this case some divs will get the style attributes from above

When adding ads use banner setting in dashboard area, Do not manually add code into template files.

Banner area in dashboard is made just for you to be able to add google ads, own banners or w.e banners you like there and it will place them on correct areas as you want them to be.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Dashboard/Ads is exactly what I've done.

Because my installation is german, I wrote the div classes instead of the dashboard-fields
and my pictures are showing the problem with opened code.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Dashboard/Ads is exactly what I've done.

Because my installation is german, I wrote the div classes instead of the dashboard-fields
and my pictures are showing the problem with opened code.
what is exact code you putted in dashboard ---> settings ---> Banners?

The Codes from Google directly.

A responsive ad code:
Code:
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- AF_2021_Bildansicht-Footer_Responsive -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-3238394349379832"
     data-ad-slot="1707266869"
     data-ad-format="auto"
     data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

A fixed res ad code:
Code:
<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- AF_2021_Start-Oben_960x90 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:960px;height:90px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-3238394349379832"
     data-ad-slot="6458204129"></ins>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

You see the difference, display:block and display:inline-block.
I saw on other Sites, there is no problem, if you use no Slideshow,
because the the body.landingpage uses

Code:
top: 50%;
position: relative;
-webkit-transform: translateY(-50%);
transform: translateY(-50%);

to display the content in the middle of the screen, so the
ad-code from "display:block" will shift it to the top,
because the ad-style ("height: auto !important; min-height: 0px !important") is transfered to all other DIV

Last edited:
Sou, the code comes from Google itself, the responsive AD is injecting the Code, if it thinks the content is scrollable.

But I have 2 Solutions:

1.)
Delete from the AD-Code the line: data-ad-format="auto" (Doesn't works good in .phone view)
2.) or insert the Code into a DIV with the following " style="position: relative; width: 100%; max-width: 100%;" "
and add to the line "Style=" of the original Ad-Code "position: absolute; width: inherit; max-width: inherit;"

Back