• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

FTP issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimkhn

Chevereto Member
Hi
SuccessfulFTPconnectionforexternalstorage,butfailedtoupload the image.
This is the PHPerrorlog.
Whatis the solution?

#7 {main}

[18-Dec-2014 15:06:51 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't upload image - Storage error: Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put

[18-Dec-2014 15:07:23 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't change dir '/Web/hosting2014/12/18/' in CHV\Ftp::put

[18-Dec-2014 15:07:23 Asia/Hong_Kong] exception 'CHV\FtpException' with message 'Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put' in E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.ftp.php:79
Stack trace:
#0 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.storage.php(122): CHV\Ftp->put(Array)
#1 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.image.php(665): CHV\Storage::uploadFiles(Array, Array, Array)
#2 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\routes\route.json.php(86): CHV\Image::uploadToWebsite(Array, Array, Array)
#3 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\lib\G\classes\class.handler.php(206): G\Handler->{closure}(Object(G\Handler))
#4 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\lib\G\classes\class.handler.php(110): G\Handler->processRequest()
#5 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\loader.php(258): G\Handler->__construct(Array)
#6 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\index.php(20): include_once('E:\\chevereto_3....')
#7 {main}

[18-Dec-2014 15:07:23 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't upload image - Storage error: Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put

[18-Dec-2014 15:07:38 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't change dir '/images2014/12/18/' in CHV\Ftp::put

[18-Dec-2014 15:07:38 Asia/Hong_Kong] exception 'CHV\FtpException' with message 'Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put' in E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.ftp.php:79
Stack trace:
#0 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.storage.php(122): CHV\Ftp->put(Array)
#1 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.image.php(665): CHV\Storage::uploadFiles(Array, Array, Array)
#2 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\routes\route.json.php(86): CHV\Image::uploadToWebsite(Array, Array, Array)
#3 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\lib\G\classes\class.handler.php(206): G\Handler->{closure}(Object(G\Handler))
#4 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\lib\G\classes\class.handler.php(110): G\Handler->processRequest()
#5 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\loader.php(258): G\Handler->__construct(Array)
#6 E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\index.php(20): include_once('E:\\chevereto_3....')
#7 {main}

[18-Dec-2014 15:07:38 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't upload image - Storage error: Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put

[18-Dec-2014 15:25:43 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't change dir '/images2014/12/18/' in CHV\Ftp::put

[18-Dec-2014 15:25:43 Asia/Hong_Kong] exception 'CHV\FtpException' with message 'Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put' in E:\chevereto_3.5.11\chevereto\app\lib\classes\class.ftp.php:79
Stack trace:
#7 {main}

[18-Dec-2014 15:25:43 Asia/Hong_Kong] Can't upload image - Storage error: Can't change dir in CHV\Ftp::put

Is all about how the FTP account can do or not, like if is able to read/write those directories.

Yes, already done, i chmod folder to 777 but it's not help. I tried with root account, same error.

Most likely the FTP user can't create folders with the needed permision mask.

Okay, i tested to set up to my VPS, but the same.
All my WHW/cPanel backups go to my second server VPS every day with root access. There root can read/write/create/delete, etc. In the same VPS server and folder i configure External storage using sFTP and root access but again same error.
Im using pure-ftpd - Umask 133:022

Last edited:
Could not resolve.
Errors are caused by deleted files after Qnap NAS server FTP connection.
Looking for a solution

Guys... The FTP/SFTP implementation can't fix issues inherited by the setup of the FTP account. System only issues common FTP commands to put/delete files and it works with most servers out there, but a donzen things can happen like permission issues, FTP accounts that can't create writable folders and limitations to the connection issued by the host FTP server.

That said, please make sure that the accounts works OK. I tested both protocols (FTP and SFTP) with a standar server and worked 100%. Sadly it not just touch a line to debug what could happen with a given FTP server and for what I've saw, is always FTP host issues related to permissions and limitations.

But you mean an Arvixe FTP or an Arvixe installation connecting to an external FTP?

Okay, thank you. My chevereto site are hosted to my server and i would like host images to Arvixe.

I found solution, just need to add correct patch.

@didimkhn look at your error log and you will see this:
Code:
'/Web/hosting2014/12/18/' in CHV

hosting2014 must be hosting/2014

because your patch is:
Code:
/Web/hosting
must be:
Code:
/Web/hosting/
SLASH at the end!

But there is another problem, pictures not removed from server after delete.

Okay, thank you. My chevereto site are hosted to my server and i would like host images to Arvixe.

I was able to connect to the Arvixe's FTP server, just a little trick... Always test the thing using a FTP client then put that data in the Chevereto dashboard. When I created the FTP account in Arvixe the data shown by CPanel was this:

FTP username: demo@chevereto.com
FTP server: ftp.chevereto.com
FTP & explicit FTPS port: 21
Path: /home/chevereto/public_html/demo

And that data isn't correct in my case because ftp.chevereto.com doesn't exists (I removed that). So to connect to this FTP server I must use the direct IP of the server or the hostname that they give to you (something.arvixe.com). In my case I'm using cloudflare so chevereto.com doesn't resolve to Arvixe. Finally, the path that you must enter is just "/" (without quotes).

So at the end, the configuration should be:
FTP username: demo@chevereto.com
FTP server: <IP ADDRESS OR HOSTNAME OF YOUR SERVER>
FTP & explicit FTPS port: 21
Path: /

But that depends from server to server (this one is for Arvixe). In other servers the username can be just "username" without @mydomain.com, in other servers you must use a non-standar port (in those cases use hostname:<port>. Like I said, test the connection before doing the thing.

Yes, excellent, thanks for your time! And if you delete uploaded pictures from chevereto website, the are removed from Arvixe server or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back