• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Big Chevereto Freeimage.host

Ok guys, don't spend all your money on big servers..

I reconfigured freeimage.host's setup and it works great! Can't tell any difference from a few cloud servers vs. a huge bare metal..

Frontend-WEB (ubuntu+nginx) 2.49/mo
  • 1vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 20 TB TRAFFIC
Backend-IMAGE (ubuntu+nginx) 2.49/mo + €20.00/mo (storage volume, 500 GB)
  • 1vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 20 TB TRAFFIC
  • + attached volume, scale able - currently at 500 GB
Backend-DB (ubuntu+mariaDB) 2.49/mo
  • 1vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 20 TB TRAFFIC
Cloudflare (free plan)
Total monthly costs is €27,5
All these servers are connected through an internal network and it works perfectly. Currently it's over 270K images and 490 GB storage space used.

Statistics update with implemented graph (blue graph = imageveiws/day)

JUF6xa.png

Google search last 7 days

1591995805648.png

Are you advertising with Google Ads?

Yes. But only on a experimental level. Within a few months with the current model I should see some results based on freeimage.host's traffic (it won't be awesome, but maybe we could get a hint on whats average for sites in this category and calculate an estimate on how much traffic is needed to generate some revenue)

I'm still at 68k images, best month so far with adsense is about $10, on track for around 50c this month 🤣 mind you I am ruthless when it comes to moderation :D

That's fairly good at that number of images.. But yeah, moderation.. moderatecontent works meh, it's helpful but still you need to be on watch.

Hey guys, since I've sold my first project I've fired up a new one. Since I'm sticking around I figured it would be sad to not have something to fiddle with.

This time I'm choosing not to use CDN (for now) My main web server is a Linode VPS hosted in the UK, while the storage server is a dedicated server in Germany. My plans for this site is to let it grow slowly. Quality over quantity!

If anyone is interested in a early bird moderator role at feeimage.host PM me here or shoot an email to us at inbox@freeimage.host

can you share your customise footer ? tks

Ok guys, don't spend all your money on big servers..

I reconfigured freeimage.host's setup and it works great! Can't tell any difference from a few cloud servers vs. a huge bare metal..

Frontend-WEB (ubuntu+nginx) 2.49/mo
  • 1vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 20 TB TRAFFIC
Backend-IMAGE (ubuntu+nginx) 2.49/mo + €20.00/mo (storage volume, 500 GB)
  • 1vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 20 TB TRAFFIC
  • + attached volume, scale able - currently at 500 GB
Backend-DB (ubuntu+mariaDB) 2.49/mo
  • 1vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 20 TB TRAFFIC
Cloudflare (free plan)
Total monthly costs is €27,5
All these servers are connected through an internal network and it works perfectly. Currently it's over 270K images and 490 GB storage space used.
So your saying I can get a small VPS then add S3 elsewhere and attach to it and run it with no problems?

Hello

So big secret for reaching first page at Google for two keywords "image hosting" is paying for Google ads right?

Mind if you could share us how you made your footer with the status of images and maybe users as well and storage amount used?

Back