• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Free VPS (4CPU 24GB Ram) by ORACLE for Developers

konj

Chevereto Member
I would like to recommend you a nice service provided by ORACLE for Developers, how can they do this? Oracle can do whatever it wants, it is 37th biggest company in the world, worth over $260 Billion. The CEO is top 10 richest person in the world. They simply want young developers and engineers to choose their more expensive systems when they grow up to become managers, and they do this by getting you hooked when you're young with this free tier stuff.

Hope this makes it clear! Enjoy :)

p.s
Please follow the TOS of ORACLE, and don't expect too much from it, it's just for testing purposes, you should not run production websites on it and abuse their services for hosting tons of data.

Too bad you always need a credit or debit card for these kind of services, even if they are completely free. Can't wait for 2023 when our country will switch to mastercard debit. Anyway, nice find!

Too bad you always need a credit or debit card for these kind of services, even if they are completely free. Can't wait for 2023 when our country will switch to mastercard debit. Anyway, nice find!
Not needed for Students or Teachers/Professors/Lecturers, and credit/debit card is just needed for Verification by casual users, otherwise everyone could abuse it.

I remember that I wanted to give it a try, but at some point I ran away from it. I don't remember exactly why, how does the service work? Can you install any distro?

Not needed for Students or Teachers/Professors/Lecturers, and credit/debit card is just needed for Verification by casual users, otherwise everyone could abuse it.
Yes I totally get that but why not offer any other payment methods like SEPA, iDeal-Bancontact or even PayPal, only host like this that offers offer payment methods like SEPA is hetzner (that I know off).

I remember that I wanted to give it a try, but at some point I ran away from it. I don't remember exactly why, how does the service work? Can you install any distro?
Yes I totally get that but why not offer any other payment methods like SEPA, iDeal-Bancontact or even PayPal, only host like this that offers offer payment methods like SEPA is hetzner (that I know off).
I m not working for ORACLE, therefor i dont know why they dont accept another payment methods.

I finally had a chance to try Oracle Cloud and the free tier is just out of this world. I still find very hard to believe that they are giving away this kind of resources, forever. To summarize: I can confirm that you can host multiple high-demand Chevereto websites for $0.

You effectively get 4CPU + 24GB RAM total, which you can distribute in multiple machine configurations (as 2x 2CPU + 12GB and so on). The performance is remarkable, very nice Altra 80C processors and the network configuration is also outstanding as you need to manually open each port, which is totally the opposite from old gen providers where they open the entire machine (yikes, no thank you).

Setup takes a little bit of research, but totally doable. You can configure the base OS, in my case they have Ubuntu 22.04 so I can't ask for anything better.

I totally recommend Oracle Cloud!

Back