• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

For chv_images, have the dumped database query batch out

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
💡Describe your Feature request

For the chv_images table when the upgraded dumps a SQL Script for large databases, it'd be handy/easier if chv_images is broken out in batch steps.

For example:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `chv_images` ADD `image_is_360` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

to
Code:
ALTER TABLE `chv_images` ADD `image_is_360` tinyint(1) NOT NULL
ALTER TABLE `chv_images` MODIFY `image_is_360` DEFAULT '0';

👏Where did you saw this?

n/a

🔥Interest outside our community

n/a

I won't mind about this as V4 is going to use migrations, in fact, you won't even need to "manually run these queries" anymore. In any case, this a neat improvement over the default behavior and it only requires an extra ;

I won't mind about this as V4 is going to use migrations, in fact, you won't even need to "manually run these queries" anymore. In any case, this a neat improvement over the default behavior and it only requires an extra ;
This pleases me greatly! Thank you!

Doesn't splitting the query make it longer to complete the overall job? Like it has to do two passes to scan and update all rows which currently does in single pass.

Doesn't splitting the query make it longer to complete the overall job? Like it has to do two passes to scan and update all rows which currently does in single pass.
It does take longer, but, it is quicker per action for my database infrastructure.

Is more granular as if an statement fails, it won't be hard for you to proceed. If the thing is all in one line you have to edit the query and I understand that such thing could be hard to handle in some cases, especially if is something you don't handle eveyday

The problem will be for sites with very large image table. It can sometimes take hours to complete a single alter table operation on the image table. Multiple alter table operation would mean hours of down time.

The problem will be for sites with very large image table. It can sometimes take hours to complete a single alter table operation on the image table. Multiple alter table operation would mean hours of down time.
Yes, confirmed here:
Updates and writes to the table started after the ALTER TABLE operation begins are stalled until the new table is ready, then are automatically redirected to the new table. The temporary copy of the table is created in the database directory of the original table unless it is a RENAME TO operation that moves the table to a database that resides in a different directory.

No way I'm going to add this.

Back