• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

First touch with Chevereto and some questions for some things

Scandal

Chevereto Noob
Hello all! :)
I have some questions about chevereto.
Well, one of my clients has installed it on his server. We want to achieve the following and have some questions:

1. To develope a small and simple widget for uploading images with drag n' drop/ button to search files on computer / add image url from external site. Does chevereto provides something like it?
I check chevereto that is installed on his domain. We have to work on it? (for example to minify the design and then open it on a small popup window) or we can use an internal API and develop from scratch the widget?
Any information about it will alway welcome. ;)

1b. I have not the script on my server or my localhost and I'm on the way to understand how it works. I have to edit the core files of the script to achieve whatever we want, or I have to use an API to an external JavaScript and PHP script to make the widget?

2. As I informed, for each image upload, chevereto provides the following three versions of the image:
- full
- medium
- thumbnail
We think it is not necessary for us to keep the thumbnail and the medium, but only the full (as a way also to not spend resources). Is there any way to disable those two useless for us, image creations? (medium and thumbnail)

3. Finally, we need to limit the image size from the final saved image.
For example, let's say we have set a limit to 500kb. When someone try to upload a larger image (1mb? 800kb? ), we need that image to be resized (NOT the dimensions, but the quality only) to be max 500kb.
How we can achieve it?
Notice: we have also the request to convert all images (png, gif, bmp) to jpg.

That's all for now. Any info about any of the questions will be very useful for me. :)

Hi,

1. To develope a small and simple widget for uploading images with drag n' drop/ button to search files on computer / add image url from external site. Does chevereto provides something like it?
I check chevereto that is installed on his domain. We have to work on it? (for example to minify the design and then open it on a small popup window) or we can use an internal API and develop from scratch the widget?
Any information about it will alway welcome. ;)

Yes you can. You can use the built-in API for that or create your own API. All the client-side stuff (JavaScript) must be done at your end.

We think it is not necessary for us to keep the thumbnail and the medium, but only the full (as a way also to not spend resources). Is there any way to disable those two useless for us, image creations? (medium and thumbnail)

No, you can't. Medium and thumbs are standard sizes in every Chevereto installation.

3. Finally, we need to limit the image size from the final saved image.
For example, let's say we have set a limit to 500kb. When someone try to upload a larger image (1mb? 800kb? ), we need that image to be resized (NOT the dimensions, but the quality only) to be max 500kb.
How we can achieve it?

There is no practical way to do that because you can't guess how much you need to compress an image from 800kb to fit in 500kb. The "quality" param doesn't represent how much the image will be reduced in size. The only way to achieve that is by doing an iterative process and that takes some resources since image handling is a heavy task. Remember that this is server stuff, resources are very limited.

Notice: we have also the request to convert all images (png, gif, bmp) to jpg.

The system already converts BMP to PNG and you can hack the source to convert everything to JPG.

Back