• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

First time install issues, redirect loop and missing theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonking

Chevereto Member
I have been trying to install following the documentation and it seems a little sparse, so I have a few questions.

Does it matter that the files are not in the root of the server?
What is supposed to go in the definitions.php?

So far I have set most of it up, some tables and such have been made in the mysql.

However I keep hitting a page telling me to change my CHV_CRYPT_SALT, when ever I change it from "changeme" chrome just says "This webpage has a redirect loop". What is supposed to go here?

If I try and go to /admin the site sort of loads up, however it seems to be missing any sort of theme.

The __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__ is just a set of words or letters that acts as a crypt salt and is used to generate more unique public image ID. By doing this your installation may say that image id 1 is "c" but in other installation this will be something like "e".
Now, the loop could be a issue with the way that your server handle the server variables but is hard to tell if you don't give me more details.

I need to know site URL and details about the server (things like the server that you are using, perhaps you are using nginx instead of apache)

For past experiences with godaddy I have notice that you need to look at this part of the root .htaccess file:

Code:
# If you have problems with the rewrite rules remove the "#" from the following RewriteBase line
# You will also have to change the path to reflect the path to your Chevereto installation
#RewriteBase /chevereto

And make sure that you change it to something like this:
Code:
# If you have problems with the rewrite rules remove the "#" from the following RewriteBase line
# You will also have to change the path to reflect the path to your Chevereto installation
RewriteBase /chevereto

If that doesn't work then it must be a more weird error that need more examination. If this fix doesn't work just let me know and if you can send me FTP details I will try to fix the problem in your server.

Ok, it has been fixed. Problem was that your htaccess file was uploaded in a weird FTP mode. I just reuploaded and it works.

Ah, I think it was done with godaddys online unziper, Ill have to watch out for that in the future. Thanks

Hmm, it still seems to be giving an internal error when I try and upload anything, or click a link like the tos link at the footer.

Thats odd, if you go to meloncraft.com/melonpic/tos it works just fine, but melonpic.com/tos gives an internal error...

Hmm could be this:
Code:
RewriteBase /melonpic

Just add a # before RewriteBase /melonpic

Yes, is because you have two site setups and each one of them needs rewritebase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back