• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Few questions before purchase

therampagerado

Chevereto Noob
Hello,

I would like to ask few questions before I purchase your script:

1. I have very fast hosting with litespeed, php7, http2 and bunch of other optimizations but with low SSD space. Can I use local (by local I mean personal PC space) with SFTP? If I have my SFTP server settings like IP will the visitor of my site see this ip in any way?
2. When I purchase the arvixe package will I get separate download link for the script?
3. The new speed improved version coming is great but how long it will take to have moderation panel where a human can moderate each and every image? Does the script include 'report image' function where an image can be pushed to moderation team?
4. As far as I saw there no automatic option to delete unaccessed images in X days? Is it planned?
5. Will CDN like cloudflare improve on my bandwidth usage? Will the actual full quality image be cached?
6. Back to 1. - is there a script that can help admins to change DB links to images in case of server migration?
7. Is there an option to keep the most accessed and/or most recent files locally and then when the interest for them drops below certain amount (clicks, etc) to be moved to external storage?
8. I understand that 3.8 have beautiful support for animated gifs with play option in FB, etc? Is that correct? I tried to upload some gifs to the demo site but it fails with error.

Best regards,
Rado

Hi @therampagerado,

1. Yes, you can. Best thing that money can buy is S3 but SFTP (well configured) works like a charm. You can indicate the URL to resolve so if you use a Cname people will see a subdomain of yours rather that the server IP.

2. Yes. In fact, is the same as purchase the license directly from us. You get access to client panel, separate download, etc.

3. Performance improvements in the next release are all about huge websites, normal websites will hardly tell the difference. Moderation is planned for 3.X so is something that it should be added in the future.

4. It is planned but it has several caveats. In local is easy to detect those but in external storage is totally different story. Even harder if you put a CDN on top of it. Not sure if that will get to v3.

5. If should improve both performance and save tons of bandwidth. Just make sure to turn off any beta optimization like their js optimization stuff. It doesn't work well at all.

6. Not needed. When you use external storage you can indicate the URL that resolves those content and since you can use a Cname, you only need to point your domain to the newest server IP and everything will be mapped.

7. No, that's complicated and changes the image url. You shouldn't do that.

8. Demo is running a beta version of the upcoming release. I've uploaded some GIF images yesterday, no issues. If you can send me the conflicting images I can investigate it further.

Hope it helps,
Rodolfo.

Hello Rodolfo,

Few more questions:

1. Do you plan anti-adblock feature? Probably having a setting to set how many page views the show before the visitor using adblocker sees a notification or full popup.
2. Does the system provide paid user accounts where you can set the usage of adverts - let's say a customer purchases account and they have their images on our site. We want to disable adds for all their images (both for the uploader and potential 3rd parties). This way our site can be used as portfoil base.

Hi again @therampagerado

1. I believe that this is the first time someone ask about that. That being said, is not under consideration.
2. At this time the system doesn't have that functionality. Again, I believe that is the first time I get this request.

Please post each suggestion in a different topic in this forum: https://chevereto.com/community/forums/requests-ideas-and-suggestions.1/ is the only way in which I can measure how relevant this feature is for the whole universe of Chevereto users.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back