• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

External storage migration

Skotina

Chevereto Member
Hello,

The idea is to allow external storage migration. E.g., I have two external storages (A and B) and I ould like to discontinue the use of the A external storage and move all images to the B external storage or even to the origin server with chevereto installed AND keep all images' info (like paths and urls) updated.

Not sure if this even possible but could be useful for some people.

Is not hard at all to add this thinking on the database because is just a simple query, but move the files from storage A to storage B is something totally different. I think that is easier to keep the given storage and just change the credentials (so it will connect to the "updated" server) and at your end make sure that the files got moved to that storage. In that way the change is neat, without interruptions, etc.

Problem with storages is that we are talking about anywhere from 1MB to 20TB and several different APIs so I won't even try to figure out a way to do it with PHP. Like I said, is easier to just put new updated service credentials and make sure that the original files have been replicated in the new service.

Back