• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

External Server

Barry

💖 Chevereto Fan
Can someone please explain to me in a little more detail how the upload process works when you have an external server in place? Here is my config.

Server 1 = Chevereto script +DB (no storage)
Server 2 = storage1
Server 3 = storage2

When I upload a file, I get sent to either server2 or server3,. Does the file (in terms of BW) ever "route" through server 1?

I hope that is clear. I need to be sure I am sizing my servers properly. I want to have a small front end server, with not a lot of BW), and two beefier servers doing the heavy lifting.

External storages are used in sequence. When you have external storage you don't store anything in the local server.

P.S. Tech support is for tech support issues, topic moved.

I understand that the files are STORED on the external storage, but what server takes the "hit" for BW? Are the files temp stored on the external storage, or uploaded directly there.

Thanks for moving the thread!

I understand that the files are STORED on the external storage, but what server takes the "hit" for BW? Are the files temp stored on the external storage, or uploaded directly there.

Obviously that the server where the script is installed uses incoming BW to perform all the tests needed to validate the image integrity. Once everything is OK it will store the image on the external storage so it will also take some BW on both sides. Finally, the server where the image is actually stored will consume BW depending on how much people hit that image.

Back