• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Expiration of hosted images !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merenguista

Chevereto Member
Hi @Rodolfo

I have a suggestion that seems reasonable, in order to encourage guests and forum members to register on chevereto image hostin script, there must be an option for the expiration of uploaded images by these "usergroups", which only registered members can host images for an unlimited time.

Thank you ..

I was looking for that option and I am very delighted to hear it is now coming in future releases. :)

I'd like to see it to be implemented this way (maybe?):
Unregistered user has already now a timer for auto expiration of the uploaded picture. However, the time options are for a very short time period.
I propose that these time settings should not be fixed. They should be selectable by the administrator. There should also be longer time periods, like 6 months, year and so on.
The default time limit for unregistered pictures could be something like 3 months. The user could change this value by editing the settings of each picture. Then it could be extended to one year, for example.
If the user wants to keep the photos for an unlimited time then he/she should register.
The timers are already there. They just need some longer time options, selectable default setting and upper limit.

Thanks for coding!

I was looking for that option and I am very delighted to hear it is now coming in future releases. :)

Unregistered user has already now a timer for auto expiration of the uploaded picture. However, the time options are for a very short time period.
I propose that these time settings should not be fixed. They should be selectable by the administrator. There should also be longer time periods, like 6 months, year and so on.
The default time limit for unregistered pictures could be something like 3 months. The user could change this value by editing the settings of each picture. Then it could be extended to one year, for example.
If the user wants to keep the photos for an unlimited time then he/she should register.
The timers are already there. They just need some longer time options, selectable default setting and upper limit.

Thanks for coding!

+1

Thanks for coding!
+1

Thanks for coding!
+1 Admin should be able to set default expiration time for unregistered users. Also we should put up a message to register for unlimited storage.

But also got a small concern. Over 70% of images on my site are guest upload. Some images generate as much as 10K views. So I don't want to delete those images and loose my traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back