• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Error while uploading image

sirfpsycho

Chevereto Member
Hello, My script is working fine. After few days image uploading stops. I forgot the exact error but it is something tmp disk full. I check my server tmp it is only 24% Full. But image upload was not working. I cleaned all the tmp files and now image upload is working. This kind of error I got 2 times. Why it happens? And how can I fix it? Is there any way to increase tmp for this script?
is it php7.3 tmp? or is it sql tmp?

Why it happens? And how can I fix it? Is there any way to increase tmp for this script?
You are the only person who can provide the information needed to answer those. For starting, you should have the minimum consideration of actually indicate the exact alleged error and not just I forgot the exact error but it is something tmp disk full .

🤔 I guess that you don't want me to answer "I don't not, something must be causing it, it should be fixed somewhat and there should be a way to increase it."

In any case, the limits of /tmp are controlled by your web server, not the application. Same goes for mysql.

Sorry for the incomplete information. I just checked the browser history and found the error which I googled. Last error was:

Can't create/write to file '/tmp/MYDh0JiQ' (Errcode: 28 - No space left on device)

The error seems to be in the DB layer, Chevereto doesn't control these limits. I'm afraid that you will have to review that database server implementation.

Your filesystem is full, first we need to find out exacly what part is full, open a terminal and type
Code:
df -h
And post the result.

Now I am getting this error: Missing temp folder (UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR)

[root@gdht ~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs 32G 0 32G 0% /dev
tmpfs 32G 0 32G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 32G 1.3M 32G 1% /run
tmpfs 32G 0 32G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/md2 437G 70G 345G 17% /
/dev/md1 487M 222M 241M 48% /boot
/dev/loop0 3.9G 1.1G 2.6G 29% /tmp
tmpfs 6.3G 0 6.3G 0% /run/user/0

What do have in php.ini for upload_tmp_dir ?
Should something like /var/www/public_html/tmp varies by setup/os

I would say it's not using the system default by the error Missing temp folder (UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR)
create a temp folder one directory below public_html (not in it) make sure permissions are correct mine is 770, Owner 5009, Group 5006, and add the path to upload_tmp_dir in php.ini
That would be my starting point anyway :)

If it is not using default tmp then why After reboot it starts working properly? In tmp I can see some files like:

chvtemp07wcjY
chvtemp1wQ3Nj
chvtemp3xIUSm
chvtemp4NONfY
chvtempc6SPLx
chvtempgRLgNs
chvtempgSrNcB
chvtempiQXaf6
chvtempp5xk17
chvtempPTU561
chvtempuBuemW
chvtempvnDlEV
chvtempZiMNa1

No idea :rolleyes: what is your setup? VPS, dedicated, shared? what distro are you using? any contol panel installed?
The more info we have the easier it is to help, if it works after reboot it should work permanently, there are deeper problems, error log would help a lot.

Not a cPanel fan myself, ok for shared hosting, easy to use for the uninitiated but there are better panels out there.
Still think you create a new tmp folder and add to php.ini yourself, it's easy and if it doesn't work you can just put back to default.

Back