• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Error 500 / Blank Page / Admin Login doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybreaker

Chevereto Member
Hi there,

I got some more issues when I tried to get the script up and running.
The script is supposed to run on Windows Server 2008 but it just won't.
First of all, uploading images/files doesn't work. The script replies with an "upload error" message.
In the meantime I can't even call the index.php-file, it dies with error 500. I have tried various settings in config.php and .htaccess, still no luck.
And last but not least, I can't access the admin-panel. It keeps stuck with the loading symbol when I try to log in. This is my .htaccess-file:

Code:
# Disable server signature
ServerSignature Off

# Disable directory listing (-indexes), Multiviews (-MultiViews) and enable Follow system links (+FollowSymLinks)
Options -Indexes
Options -MultiViews
Options +FollowSymLinks

# Turn on mod_rewrite
RewriteEngine On

# If you have problems with the rewrite rules remove the "#" from the following RewriteBase line
# You will also have to change the path to reflect the path to your Chevereto installation
RewriteBase /

# The /api rewrite
RewriteRule ^api$ api.php [L]

# If you want to have your own fancy "image not found" image remove the "#" from RewriteCond and RewriteRule lines
# Make sure to apply the correct paths to reflect your current installation
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# RewriteRule images/.+\.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp) content/system/img/404.gif [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.([a-z]{1,4})$ [NC]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Of course I can provide ftp-access if needed.

Ok... First of all Chevereto works better on LAMP and second, I need FTP access to perfom some test. Send me a PM with the details ;)

The problem seems to be your hosting. On the second that the .htaccess file exists in the root (even an empty file) it just shouts a error. Go to your hosting company and tell them that the hosting is failing on your site, that you need that .htaccess to make it work and that the server just shouts an error.

Perhaps they have a bad setup in the host, like an override or some conflicting rule. Paste them the .htaccess contents and they will surely help you.

Cheers.

That could be difficult as this is a root-server without any application-support.
The strange thing is that any .htaccess-files on the server are working without errors; I do have other projects running on this machine and didn't run into trouble so far.
Additionally I cannot determine what the problem could be. Therefore I'm unable to solve the error at this time. :(

Yes is pretty weird. On the second that the .htaccess is present in the directoy it fails. Even without a single line of text it fails. This is a Windows server... Are you sure that you didn't missed something?

I don't know what else I could do.
I already had the script 'running' although I was unable to upload any files or access the admin-area but now even calling the script fails / ends in a 500 error-page.
I was looking through every manual I could find about .htaccess-files and mod_rewrite but I still don't know what else I could do...

When I try to open the script on the server directly, I get the following details:
Modul​
CgiModule
Benachrichtigung​
ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler​
PHP5-CGI-php
Fehlercode​
0x00000000
...maybe that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back