• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Enable right click on Image Viewer

ryohnosuke

Chevereto Member
Hi, I would really like to know how can I enable the right click options when I'm in imageviewer screen.

I think is too much easier do a:

1) Right click -> 2) Save URL image

than

1) Scroll down -> 2) Embed codes -> 3) Get dizzy because the options -> 4) Copy the image URL.

Even with big images you don't realize there is an Embed codes tab, hehe

Saludos.

That thing was disabled in app/lib/chevereto.js maybe I can add a configurable setting for it.

Was a little bit hard, but just deleting this code right click is back!

Code:
.on("contextmenu", CHV.obj.image_viewer.container, function(e) {
        e.preventDefault();
        return false;
    });

Saludos.

the function is there for protection of "leech" users. So for example the owner of the site disables download button on general why would you like to help visitors simply download everything with a macro...and potentially upload them on their own website as their content to promote his/her website :D

Actually it doesn't protect anything. I just placed that because people keep asking for it. Is a totally useless protection and anyone can do a scrapper (for any website) and steal all the content easily. I just placed that right click thing because people keep asking about it like it was the magic function to avoid scrapping.

from my perspective it was not the magic tool BUT a tool to remove most viewers only know way to get their imgs quickly. im talking about ordinary browsing people here.

from my perspective it was not the magic tool BUT a tool to remove most viewers only know way to get their imgs quickly. im talking about ordinary browsing people here.

Chevereto comes with a "download" button, so users can download images that way. This right click thing literally stops about 1% of people downloading your images. If there are people coming to your site with malicious intent, like stealing images, I'm sure they have the knowledge and capacity to bypass some simple JS.

download button is disabled on my site :) in that case it stops 90% of viewers. as i mentioned before this is not for the "advanced" browsers. :)

Well, I've just added a configurable setting for this. So anyone who wants to enable/disable this right click will be able to do it directly in the theme settings.

Back