• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Email not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmolgill

Chevereto Member
email activation not working
not sending any email to activate account with phpmail or smtp setting
can u please guide

phpmail unsuccessful your host does not support;
As smtp I do not know, I tested without success, the reason must be that the smtp address ip and smtp account does not contain an @ symbol.

You need to properly set SMTP or sendmail (php mail) in your server.

phpmail unsuccessful your host does not support;
As smtp I do not know, I tested without success, the reason must be that the smtp address ip and smtp account does not contain an @ symbol.

My server people say php mail is up and running (and mail was working with 3.0.0) and I know nothing of SMTP.

From a service point of view really only option is to close my site until I get get back to 2. whatever - as people are trying to join and cannot. Pity, it looked so good.

Site is now gone!

My server people say php mail is up and running (and mail was working with 3.0.0) and I know nothing of SMTP.

From a service point of view really only option is to close my site until I get get back to 2. whatever - as people are trying to join and cannot. Pity, it looked so good.

Site is now gone!

Nothing has been changed in 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 regarding how emails are sent. Basically you have two options to send emails: PHP mail() function and SMTP, both of them use PHPMailer. Why is not working now and it was working then? Well, php mail() is not reliable at all and maybe you are blacklisted or just being delivered directly to spam.

Rely on php mail() is a really bad idea since it will most likely delivered as spam and is not suitable for production environments (in other words, real websites don't use php mail()). SMTP in the other hand is a protocol that most of the time delivers correctly the emails and is available on almost every host, even shared host have SMTP. Depending on how hot is your IP is most likely that your emails will be sent to the inbox rather than the spam folder.

Refer to your host documentation on SMTP and then go to your dashboard > settings > email settings and enable SMTP.

The fix - in WHM go to Restrict outgoing SMTP to root, exim, and mailman (FKA SMTP Tweak) and set to default. Works!

Why worked on 3.0.0 - no idea! Thanks Rodolfo.

Nothing has been changed in 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 regarding how emails are sent. Basically you have two options to send emails: PHP mail() function and SMTP, both of them use PHPMailer. Why is not working now and it was working then? Well, php mail() is not reliable at all and maybe you are blacklisted or just being delivered directly to spam.

Rely on php mail() is a really bad idea since it will most likely delivered as spam and is not suitable for production environments (in other words, real websites don't use php mail()). SMTP in the other hand is a protocol that most of the time delivers correctly the emails and is available on almost every host, even shared host have SMTP. Depending on how hot is your IP is most likely that your emails will be sent to the inbox rather than the spam folder.

Refer to your host documentation on SMTP and then go to your dashboard > settings > email settings and enable SMTP.

I tried smtp, unsuccessful in the old panel godaddy host ,godaddy new Cpanel host in success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back