• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Email config failed for localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

fofwisdom

Chevereto Member
Outside mail server is fine. But localhost can't access it. No error log.
Please see that my video.

Hi @fofwisdom,

That issues are always related to your network and/or DNS settings. Basically your server can successfully connect to some servers but it fails when it can't resolve the IP for a given address. Why is doing that is out of the scope of Chevereto support and you will need to keep checking at PHP and console.

Easies way to test if the problem is just server config is by using the server IP instead of the server address. For example, use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. If that works, then the problem is nslookup.

PD: Remember that localhost in port 25 won't resolve unless you have configured "localhost" (not 127.0.0.1) to listen in port 25.

Easies way to test if the problem is just server config is by using the server IP instead of the server address. For example, use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. If that works, then the problem is nslookup.

PD: Remember that localhost in port 25 won't resolve unless you have configured "localhost" (not 127.0.0.1) to listen in port 25.

127.0.0.1 configure does not work. Telnet communication is good working any hostname. It does not work only by you web app. This is not critical for me. So I gave up.

The "web app" runs on top of PHP and uses PHPMailer. Sadly this is something that you must fix on your server.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back