• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Duplicate uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakermanus

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

I've been testing the demo and i found an interesting (error). I uploaded some pictures as a guest and later i created and account and tried to upload the same pictures and the second time around the result was duplicate error on every single picture. Is tis how it should be?
Why can just be provided with the link to the picture instead error message?
Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
Thanks

The only thing that doesn't makes sense is that the pictures uploaded as guest are not linked to your account when you register on the website. That is something that I need to add at some point.

Everything else works as you should expect. The system won't allow duplicated uploads by the same IP in a period of 24hrs.

Yes, that way it would make sense :) Because at the moment i'm not able to upload those images for 24 hours. Many people may go to the site upload pictures then they change their mind they want to be able to manage their picture so they would create an account and try to upload those images again. Which they are not able to at the moment. Duplicate upload protection is a good thing anyway.
Thanks

sorry for bumping this thread.
is there a way to disable this feature? or - even better - just give the uploader the already existing image-links?

The only thing that doesn't makes sense is that the pictures uploaded as guest are not linked to your account when you register on the website. That is something that I need to add at some point.

Everything else works as you should expect. The system won't allow duplicated uploads by the same IP in a period of 24hrs.
Is there a way to extend it beyond 24 hours?

I am in the situation where I would like to disallow duplicate uploads permanently if at all possible.

Yeah you could hardcode that setting. I can also add it as an option for a future release but the thing is that is not that requested.

Last edited:
Yeah you could hardcode that setting. I can also add it as an option for a future release but the thing is that is not that requested.
Got it!

Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to hardcode the setting?

You will need to edit this function:

PHP:
public static function isDuplicatedUpload($md5_file, $time_frame='P1D') {

You need to edit the query to get rid of the time comparison. You will also need to get rid the time bind.

I also want this to removed this, found in app/lib/classes/class.image.php

You need to edit the query to get rid of the time comparison. You will also need to get rid the time bind.

but what to do? please help ;p

or at least enable duplicate upload for "registered user".

I believe that most of those who want to get this removed is because they do some tests with the same images and just because of that you want to remove the filter.

Honestly, don't remove it. It will allow to easily ddos your website.

Since v3.7.6 you will be able to enable/disable duplicate uploads.

hi @Rodolfo
just a question: i don't want to turn of the duplicate image-detection, but is it possible to return the already uploaded link, when a duplicate image is "uploaded" ?
(not sure, if this was already asked - i only found an old, closed thread about this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back