• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Download Entire Album

LEckley

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi Guys,

Another feature request coming in from our users is to allow both the album owner and visitors to download entire albums as opposed to downloading each image individually (This feature would be in addition to the current download per image feature, not replacing it).

Ideally it would provide a single zip file similar to how imgur handles it (Depending on the size of the album you download immediately or wait for imgure to email you a download link).

I would propose the download per image and download entire album have permissions added to them which can be controlled both by the album owner and by the owner of the Chevereto website.

Permissions I have in mind.

Image & Albums, owner/uploader permissions:

- Enable/Disable image download (Entire account setting)
- Enable/Disable album download (Entire account setting)

- Enable/Disable image download (Per image setting)
- Enable/Disable album download (Per album setting)

Image and album downloads would be enabled by default when the user creates their account, however allowing them to to disable the setting either on their entire account or on a per album/image.

I am thinking it would be a simple check box from the users point of view. Uncheck to disable album/image download.

Website Owner/Chevereto Admin:

- Enable/Disable image download (Global Setting)
- Enable/Disable album download (Global Setting)

Similar to the above, however allowing the owner/admin to disable downloading for the entire site. I am sure "zipping" up albums will become CPU intensive which may lead to owners/admins wanting it disabled completely as well as possible for privacy/etc.

Just realized there is already an option to enable/disable image download from the dashboard for admin/owners, so that can be crossed off my idea above :)

Problem with this thing are the resources needed to do it in a safe way. At this time I'm not considering to add this feature in the near future, but maybe later on.

Back