• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Do we have an option to choose for "Default image processor"?

rdn

💖 Chevereto Fan
PHP built-in GD image library
or
Imagemagick PECL extension
?

Or what does the CHV script use by default?

Thanks!

V3 uses GD, V4 will use *not sure yet* but in any case it won't be GD (and it won't be optional).

Everytime you add an alternative for a process like that you open problems derivated from the need of having two different systems trying to do the same. I'm aware that many devs like that way of doing things, but it only looks good on the paper. In the practice, it is just unnecessary extra trouble.

Regarding V4 image library, there are plenty other libraries available and V4 won't be constrained to what PHP allows to use out of the box. Most likely we will use a dedicated library, with FFI.

Reactions: rdn
Okay seems to be imagick :D
I didn't say that 🤔 and based on what I've seen it can't be just one library. While some libs do great transformations, it doesn't perform nicely on compression, or the support for a given format is not perfect, etc.

I'm looking for a composite tool and I won't be limited to PHP (imagick is the PHP API for ImageMagick) because V4 will ship its own server, we can install whatever we may need.

• Love
Reactions: rdn
What means "own server" ? How will that work ?
Would it not be wise to integrate imagick-support anyway as it is available almost with any webhoster, VPS oder dedicated server ?
Right now as GD is processing the watermark there is a horrible loss on image quality which makes it necessary to watermark and resize b4 uploading to get a good image quality. I run several Xenforos and use Imagick and the quality is overall always satisfying..even when watermarking, resizing or compressing.

EDIT: It would be great to get a kind of "patch" or "addin" to upgrade even V. 3.x with Imagick !

What means "own server" ? How will that work ?
Own server means that all the server software required to run the application will be provisioned by us. It will work with a spec and docker images. That way, no matter where you run the application it will work the same because we will tag PHP, DB, Redis, everything to be on the same spec so we won't have to deal with conflicts caused by server setups.

EDIT: It would be great to get a kind of "patch" or "addin" to upgrade even V. 3.x with Imagick !
The priority is V4 development and at some point I will decide on what image library we will use for it. There's a really small chance in that we will keep using php-APIs for image processing in V4.

Back