• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

DMCA - Delete 1000+ images in one shot

M

matou19

Hello,

I received a DMCA mail with 1000+ links to delete from my servers.
They sent me the .jpg direct link.
I host my images in Amazon S3, OVH OpenStack & Google Cloud.

Do you know how can I delete them in one shot ?

Thank you

Hello JakeSully,

This is not the case, sadly
well this is only way for it to be done, i think. So you would probably have to put site in maintenance mode and clean it either by deleting the albums with mostly reported DMCA images or do it manually. Unless developer has a another method so i will let some 1 else have a go with a suggestion how todo it.

There is a good chance that all or most of the images are uploaded by a single user or users in the same IP range. Open one image and click all images from this IP should list most of them. Select all and then delete. Works for me most times.

There is a good chance that all or most of the images are uploaded by a single user or users in the same IP range. Open one image and click all images from this IP should list most of them. Select all and then delete. Works for me most times.

Not in my case :( Multiple ip

I don't know, how can I check that ?
It can't be checked, but if you are providing API access (like ShareX) is very easy for people to exploit your service.

There are several todos when you want to skip this kind of usage: Turn off guest uploads, auto-delete uploads, ask to validate email for social login, use recaptcha, flood limits, etc.

What about the IPs. Are truly different or just part of a range?

Well it's been just over 3 months since your first post, so if your service provider has not taken your site down by now probably may as well forget about it ;)

If you are so desperate, I can give you an idea. But it will be very complex and you need to find someone who can write good sql scripts.

Step 1: Prepare a CSV with filenames.
Since you got the images links(direct links), the last part is the filename. Use some Excel skills to extract that part from the URL.

Step 2: Write a SQL script to find each image by original_filename and update image_expiration_date_gmt to a day in past.
The idea here is to force expire the image by updating the image_expiration_date_gmt field. You have to use a "For" or "Do while" loop to fetch each original_filename from the CSV and find the image with that to update the image_expiration_date_gmt. (Don't ask me how, as my programming skills are very weak)

Alternative idea: If you find it hard to create a SQL script, you can instead write a script/commands to delete files from your S3 by giving the filename CSV as input. Ref: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41733318/how-to-delete-multiple-files-in-s3-bucket-with-aws-cli

If you manage to get script right, then the images should be gone in no time. Hope this feature would be added to Chevereto soon.

Back